1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suspended GMB causing loss in SERP'S rankings?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mikehende, Nov 14, 2022.

Hey guys, a local Licensed and Insured plumber had been doing fine in google SERP's rankings for years now but got his local business account suspended last month and doesn't know why. Thing is like few weeks after the suspension he is now losing his regular Serp's rankings.

I had always thought the GMB [3-pack] was independent of the Serp's so I am not understanding why he is losing his Serp's rankings, can anyone explain why please and also what he might do to get back the Serp's rankings? Thanks.

mikehende, Nov 14, 2022 IP
  2. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google my business account mainly suspend due to fake address or contact number. If you are using same contact number in multiple account then Google can suspend those accounts. Check once your contact and other details you are using on another platforms like YELP, Facebook page etc.. Use same contact details on all places, If you are managing multiple business listing then contact google and merge them or delete secondary accounts.

If you are providing services on local basis then after GMB suspension your traffics will down for sure. You should contact google customer care to restore your GMB listing ASAP.

seomanualsubmission, Nov 14, 2022 IP
  3. norfa

norfa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Has he used correct address details?

norfa, Nov 15, 2022 IP
  4. mikehende

mikehende Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. None of those apply to him. Looking into reinstating now, hopefully will find out the reason for the suspension. Some other marketers are saying that GMB and SERP's are unrelated so I don't know what to believe?

Yes, his details are correct.

mikehende, Nov 15, 2022 IP
  5. seomanualsubmission

Best Answers:
    Yes both are not related but if you are doing local business then GMB can effects your traffics because in case of local search search engines give preferences to listed business.

seomanualsubmission, Nov 15, 2022 IP
  6. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Now that's an answer I can see which makes sense, thanks!

Next guys, in my own situation right now, after reinstatement I lost all GMB rankings so have to start from scratch. I am currently doing local citations all over again, GMB postings and google maps optimization, if there should be be anything else I can do to increase GMB rankings to get back to where I was, please post?

Also, regarding SERP's rankings which have diminished, aside from doing the regular monthly backlinking and blogging, anything else I might do to quickly get back my rankings please?

7. seomanualsubmission

Best Answers:
    Local citation is good option to build your reputation and authority. You can go with local business directories listing and contents marketing also because high quality backlinks will attract search engines attentions more and more. If you have some budget then choose press release option because about all press release sites are managing good reputation and domain authority, if you are getting links (Does not matter no follow or do follow) from there means you are going to build your branding and authority more. Press releae also help you to get hits from different IPs.

seomanualsubmission, Nov 15, 2022 IP
  8. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I had thought for GMB, local citations is what you do and for SERP's backlinking is what you do. Are you saying that one also does backlinking for GMB too?

Also, seems I had asked the wrong question which should have been, does having a GMB help "increase" rankings for SERP's and vice versa please?

9. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They suspend any account when they want no matter how well you optimized for it. I got 3 GMB listings suspended earlier in April without any issues. The email from Google was "You're violating our guidelines" but there was nothing like that. I fill the reinstated request form and got them recovered.

Sumit_Singh, Nov 15, 2022 IP
  10. intellg

intellg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am handling more than 100+ GMB for different of my USA clients. As per my experience they can be suspended for below reasons.
    1. Category change
    2. Business name change
    3. Address change
    4. Transfer management or ownership access.
    5. Someone report about your business, google verify it and if found complain is true they your business can get suspended.

You can reinstate it from Google contact support link to get reputed profile back or start verification process again.

intellg, Dec 10, 2022 IP
    Oso Optimized likes this.
  11. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    There have been many algorithm changes happening during this period. I think there were three significant updates within just a few days. I also had a client hit with similar results that you describe. Took about 6 weeks for GMB reinstatement, but before that happened, the Helpful Content Update arrived and dismantled the organic results. Not sure if I made the changes to restore ranking, or if the natural refreshes after the updates made the difference.

Oso Optimized, Dec 11, 2022 IP
  12. mikehende

Best Answers:
    in my case which took 6 weeks to reinstate, I lost all rankings and its been a few months nows so I need to do local SEO all over again.

Does anyone "naturally" get back the rankings they've had before suspension?

mikehende, Dec 12, 2022 IP
  13. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    I got my entire client's ranking back, just as it was before the suspension. Then a couple of weeks later came the Local Algorithm update which crashed everything. It has since returned to pre-crash levels.

Oso Optimized, Dec 12, 2022 IP
  14. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Thanks so I don't get it, why did I lose all of mine? I am not showing up for many of the kw's I previously had before suspension.

mikehende, Dec 12, 2022 IP
  15. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    When did you lose the ranking? It is possible your suspension happened concurrently with the major Local Algo update.

Oso Optimized, Dec 13, 2022 IP
  16. mikehende

Best Answers:
    The suspension happened on July 4 and was reinstated 6 weeks later.

mikehende, Dec 13, 2022 IP
  17. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    The Algorithm update was recent.

Oso Optimized, Dec 13, 2022 IP