1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Notifications in the Driving Task app for CarPlay

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mergescreen, Nov 28, 2022.

I have an application with the CarPlay "Driving Task" entitlement. When I request authorization for CarPlay notifications (UNAuthorizationOptionCarPlay) and then check "carPlaySetting" in the UNNotificationSettings after granted permission, it returns "UNNotificationSettingNotSupported" (the setting is not available to your app).

Is this a glitch? It feels like one. The application displays distances to certain destinations and alerts the user when approaching them. My consumers normally use it concurrently with a navigation app and toggle between the two. While the navigation app is at the forefront, they question why my app does not display alerts when emitting an audible warning.

The alerts are not even shown on the iPhone's screen, the screen is turned off while connecting the iPhone 14 Pro to CarPlay, and the screen does not turn on when an app in the CarPlay background attempts to display a notice.

Mergescreen, Nov 28, 2022 IP
  2. tiskobar

tiskobar Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never met with such a problem.

tiskobar, Nov 30, 2022 IP