1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long does it take to get a job as a self taught programmer?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by DevHub, Nov 20, 2022.

So how long does it take to learn how to code and become a self-taught programmer? There are so many factors that come into play when you're trying to be a self-taught programmer. There's no straightforward answer to this question. And if you go online, on YouTube, and Google you'll find a lot of people will claim that they did it in three months, they did it in six months, some people took a year, and some got a job the next day, right after pressing play on their first tutorial. And that's why this is such a complicated question to have to answer. And when it comes to learning how to code, becoming a self-taught programmer, and landing your first job, it's going to be difficult. And it may or may not happen quickly for you.

For me, it took me almost a year, that is 10 and half months from when I started learning how to code and started my first programming tutorial all the way up until I got hired and I was sitting at a desk in an office writing code and getting a paycheck for it.

I did do a little bit of freelancing work as I was learning, but most of it was not paid and then I did a little bit of volunteer work although I did learn from doing those things, I don't consider that real experience and I didn't consider those freelancing jobs my first job as a developer was my first when I actually went through the interview process and I got hired. So for me, it was almost a year. I know that there are people out there that have done it in three months. Read more...

DevHub, Nov 20, 2022 IP
  2. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! This is very useful information! I am only a beginner in programming, but you offer really useful ideas here! Thanks!

MargoFarrel, Nov 21, 2022 IP
  3. DollarMe

DollarMe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My guess: years. Years of doing menial tasks like installing wordpress blogs… Sometimes a promising talent finds a firm that is willing to invest trust (in the form of quite some money) to nurture a great future employee.

It’s a myth that someone can learn at home how to *responsibly* do surgery, I mean program, sorry, program. One always needs mentors and universities are good places to find mentors.

DollarMe, Nov 21, 2022 IP
  4. FrogeHost

FrogeHost Member

Best Answers:
    Heavily depends on your connections tbh.

FrogeHost, Nov 28, 2022 IP