1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Update WordPress/PHP

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by FabioSelau, Aug 17, 2022.

Currently on the blog of my website Camisas Seleção Brasileira I am using WordPress but in a very old version.

How to update without breaking plugins, themes...?

Is there a release log in WordPress that says the version has a high risk of breaking third-party plugins?

Thx

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    FabioSelau, Aug 17, 2022 IP
  2. Opt-i

Opt-i Peon

Best Answers:
    Its good to check if the theme and the plugins have the updates to support the latest version of WordPress and update them all.

Opt-i, Nov 28, 2022 IP
  3. GreenHost.Cloud

GreenHost.Cloud Member

Best Answers:
    It is recommended to follow this process:
    1. Start by making a backup of your website and load it locally on your personal system.
    2. Next, begin updating WordPress and then proceed to update plugins one by one.
    3. After each update, thoroughly check the performance of your website to ensure that there are no errors.
    4. Only after confirming that the website is working fine, move on to the next update.
    5. After updating all the items, make a backup once again and transfer it to your host.

GreenHost.Cloud, Dec 6, 2023 IP
  4. shellyboy911

shellyboy911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To safely update WordPress without breaking plugins or themes, start by backing up your website. Then, put your site under maintenance mode, then update plugins and themes before updating WordPress itself. WordPress doesn't specifically label versions as high-risk for breaking third-party plugins, but major releases can potentially cause issues. Always check plugin compatibility with the new WordPress version before updating. Again backup your site before updating!

shellyboy911, Dec 6, 2023 IP