1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

does it matter if I have a .biz

Discussion in 'General Business' started by joan sampson, Jul 5, 2022.

Couldn't find a topic that seemed to fit this question so I put it in general business. My apologies if this isn't the correct section.
    I really wanted the name Slant for my ecommerce site. It wasn't available as a .com so I got a .biz. Does having a .biz hurt visibility and getting good placement with Google. I wonder because when the word "slant" is searched for, my site never comes up - and I have had the site up for quite a few years.

joan sampson, Jul 5, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It shouldn't be a problem, I'd be looking at your content and social media first. Are you getting any feedback from Google's webmaster tools?

sarahk, Jul 5, 2022 IP
  3. joan sampson

joan sampson Member

Best Answers:
    I really do not know how to use google's webmaster tools. I check into the analytics to see how the campaign is going but that is it.

joan sampson, Jul 5, 2022 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's not hard to use and it's recommended for all website owners.

sarahk, Jul 6, 2022 IP
  5. joan sampson

joan sampson Member

Best Answers:
    any hints on hard to get started on google webmaster tools

joan sampson, Aug 30, 2022 IP
  6. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    The .com is simply a stronger domain extension when it comes to search engine optimization. But I don't think this plays a main role. Just work hard and you'll do it!

MargoFarrel, Aug 31, 2022 IP
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, that extension makes no difference. Rankings depend on content, links, and your own on-page SEO, and more importantly, on how google understands what searcher is looking for.

When someone searches just "slant", google thinks searcher wants meaning of that word. Hence the results you are seeing.
    Except one result, all were from dictionary websites.

JEET, Sep 1, 2022 IP
    cronik likes this.
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't. That extension sounds cheep and cheesy just like the .info extension. Every affiliate marketer thinks they have to use .biz for their squeeze pages. I'll take a longer .com name over a shorter .biz name any day.

qwikad.com, Sep 1, 2022 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The .info TLD got a bad reputation as everyone was trying to use EMDs to rank in the 2000s and it got abused heavily, so I can see .info being a bad choice still today. However, I have used .shop, .online, .app, .xyz, .store, and .co - the TLD didn't seem to make a difference, and it was actually cool being the only non-dot-com domain showing on the first page for most keywords.

I don't think .biz would be a problem, I am actually shocked you have this opinion, but judging by your company I do believe you know stuff I probably don't. All I can speak on is my experiences, and I can honestly say the TLDs never made a difference for me, for better or worse.

cronik, Sep 2, 2022 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I didn't realize I had this kind of impact on people. Sorry. I was just sharing my intuition, no more than that. As a matter of fact, after I shared it I did some search on the topic and saw a couple articles that shared my sentiment. But then again, some people will strongly believe that it makes no difference. None of it is provable. It's how it's going to be, I guess.

qwikad.com, Sep 2, 2022 IP
    cronik likes this.
  11. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol it's nothing to apologize for I didn't mean to come off like I was bothered by it. I've been following your posts for a long time so you do have an impact on people, but from what I've seen it's been a positive one. Also, it was 2:30am when I replied, I probably could've worded my initial response better.

cronik, Sep 3, 2022 IP
  12. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    The .biz extension doesn't play a major factor in terms of ranking. You should be seeing rankings for your targeted keywords within a few months if you're doing your SEO right. Your SEO is what plays the biggest factor in your site ranking. How are you promoting your website?

Randall Magwood, Oct 1, 2022 IP
    cronik likes this.