1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much are your willing to pay for a professional logo design?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by dojodesign, May 15, 2019.

I recently immigrated from Europe with my family, so I'm trying to rebuild my graphic / website design business in NYC and pricing my services is actually a challenge. I am doing all kinds of work, from logo design to website design and online marketing, I have few specialized portfolios (logo, website, medical), but, as mentioned before, it's difficult to find a common ground for the pricing.

I have almost 20 years of experience, I'm not a beginner, I do good quality work and had developed a lot of projects in the past. I am running a small studio though, which allows me to give clients a more affordable service (since I don't transfer huge overhead onto their costs).

As I had clients who asked for logo work for $50 bucks and others who don't find $1,000 to be too much, I'd like to ask you to tell me how much would you budget for this?

Really appreciate all the insights.

dojodesign, May 15, 2019 IP
    dmax2020 likes this.
  2. Brian Ott

Brian Ott Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a tough one, Graphic Design is very unappreciated because of the proliferation of so-called "Graphic Designers" out there basically giving shoddy work away for a couple of dollars and the lack of awareness among their customers of what constitutes good graphic design. I cannot tell you how many web design customers come to us to create a new website that have a "logo" that is essentially clip art that was "designed" for them. My wife and business partner had an interesting experience with a Fiverrr "Graphic Designer" for a simple ebook graphic that was a long and frustrating experience. (afearlessventure.com/blog/fiverr-design-can-cost-500/)

So what it really boils down to, is what the market will bear and the clients you target. I for one, appreciate a well-crafted logo and/or design and am willing to pay for it. At a bare minimum, a good Graphic Designer should be easily charging $100 per hour. That kind of pricing also makes it easier to qualify potential clients, if they want professional work at Fiverr prices they should go elsewhere.

Brian Ott, May 16, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  3. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the response. I do agree there's a huge range of quality / pricing, so it's almost impossible for someone who's not into the business to understand it. I had a client who tried a contest on 99designs and she had to pay (guaranteed contest), even if the outcome wasn't the desired one. it was impossible to actually get the 'designer' to make the edits she needed (the guy didn't speak English and, weird enough, the support was probably outsourced, since, as an American, she found it impossible to get her point across :D)

So I had to re-do all the work and she paid for an entire new logo. At least in this case she was thrilled with the result and we did the website together as well.

I don't want to know how Fiverr 'professionals' deliver, though :D

dojodesign, May 16, 2019 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    "As I had clients who asked for logo work for $50 bucks and others who don't find $1,000 to be too much" is probably your answer. Assess your clients, get an idea what budget they are operating in and then name your price.

qwikad.com, May 17, 2019 IP
  5. Simsam

Simsam Peon

Best Answers:
    For a simple but quality logo design, I would say around the 500 dollar mark is an expectable average

Simsam, May 23, 2019 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The advertising firm that I used to work for would pay this and more on a regular basis.

Spoiltdiva, May 23, 2019 IP
    Brian Ott likes this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are rebuilding, so keep pricing aside, focus on building a client list.
    I suggest you charge different from different clients, instead of a fixed rate...
    Charge start-up companies less for now, and larger companies better.

See the thing is, if you charge too much, someone else will do it for less.
    Someone more in need of work, may or may not be equally skilled...

Once you got a client base, a steady income from fixed clients, covered your expenses, then pricing is your choice...

JEET, May 24, 2019 IP
  8. trusted tefl reviews

trusted tefl reviews Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are some free sites online which will help you design a logo and you can then simply copy and paste the design and lay claim to it yourself. Please never pay anyone through Fiver to design your logo. A good site to look at, to begin with is: https://spark.adobe.com/make/logo-maker/. Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
    trusted tefl reviews, May 27, 2019 IP
  9. Brian Ott

Brian Ott Active Member

Best Answers:
    @trusted tefl reviews Your comment is not helpful at all, apparently, you neither read the OP's post nor any of the replies. She is not looking for a cheap logo. She is a professional graphic designer.

Brian Ott, May 27, 2019 IP
  10. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He he, thanks Brian :D

Apparently people still think that logo design means "simply copy and paste the design and lay claim to it yourself". Oh my.

dojodesign, May 29, 2019 IP
  11. Brian Ott

Brian Ott Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are welcome. Sometimes these forum posters aggravate me. I guess I'm just a grumpy old man :)

Brian Ott, Jun 25, 2019 IP
  12. monorattlesnake

monorattlesnake Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How about creating 2 or 3 packages? Something along the lines of:
    Package #1:
    - 30min consultation
    - simple logo in vector form
    - 1 set of revisions
    $80

Package #2:
    - a thorough assessment of your company needs
    - logo along with a detailed brand book that defines company colors, fonts & other assets
    -unlimited* revisions
    $1200

I find it the easiest to create packages, whenever I'm met with a large discrepancy in prices. This way the client knows exactly what they are getting for the price they are paying. It sets the boundaries and keeps you as a designer safe from never-ending revisions on a $100 project.

monorattlesnake, Nov 12, 2019 IP
  13. Bothe Gambule

Bothe Gambule Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    we do logos for $80 here in Africa.any more than that clients runaway

Bothe Gambule, Jun 7, 2021 IP
  14. Hafeez_CreativeHead

Hafeez_CreativeHead Peon

Best Answers:
    its depend on how much creativity has to make a professional logo

Hafeez_CreativeHead, Sep 24, 2021 IP
  15. lizzieswellness

lizzieswellness Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This actually depends on how the logo was made and much effort the artist took for the outcome

lizzieswellness, Jun 11, 2022 IP
  16. Jamil Hopper

Jamil Hopper Peon

Best Answers:
    Come up with a set price you don’t want to scare them away but neither do you want to undervalue yourself.

Graphic designers charge an average of $25 per hour. However, most designers don’t charge on an hourly basis rather a fixed price. A good quality logo made by an experienced freelance designer can cost somewhere around $300 to $1500 on average.

This price goes up to around $2000 average if you choose to hire a design agency. There are also logo makers available such as WIX logo maker and Canva which can charge you anywhere from $10 to $50.

Jamil Hopper, Aug 26, 2022 IP
  17. Bataleurla

Bataleurla Peon

Best Answers:
    Meh, I just used to get complete pack of web-design help.

Years ago I made alot of mistakes to get those fancy landing pages, all around frontend and backend development. But you Know, it was bad at all :)

BTW try to make it by yourself to get starting understand of how does it work.
    Also there are tones of scamers.. Pff..

Get used to build good outsource help, you know. For example this guys https://tech-stack.io/. Really cheap for that nieche of work.

Bataleurla, Sep 26, 2022 IP
  18. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    Each client is different and each is able to spend a different amount on the logo.

Gamerseo, Sep 26, 2022 IP
  19. ArtificialIntelligence

ArtificialIntelligence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think this is a great way to distribute your services in the package, it looks like professionals and you will get paid more than regular proposals.

ArtificialIntelligence, Jan 27, 2023 IP