1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you find difficult about starting a blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Dell Davinci, Jun 23, 2022.

This is just a quick question for those who plan to start a blog but haven't been able to start yet

1) What is stopping you? What is delaying you?
    2) Which tasks do you find difficult about starting a blog?

By the way …

If you've already launched your blog, would you share your blog start-up experience (Just to help us gain some insights).

3) Personally, what did you find difficult or time-consuming when you were launching your blog?
    4) How long did it take you to start making some income?

Dell Davinci, Jun 23, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've worked with friends and family who have wanted to start a blog - a proper blog, not MFA. The only one who did so successfully was a retired journalist.

Here's my take on it:
    1. the steps to getting a "minimal viable product" are overwhelming. Finding images that are royalty free, or getting them taken is harder work than you'd imagine. Getting the right starting content is hard. Even picking a theme is hard when the demos show a swathe of options and you have to envisage how it will look with your content in it.
    2. see above
    3. see above
    4. n/a

sarahk, Jun 26, 2022 IP
  3. RockOn4

RockOn4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The hardest part is the steep learning curve, from getting traffic to writing the best SEO compliant articles. You might be lost at first but you’ll get the hang of it after awhile.

RockOn4, Jun 27, 2022 IP
  4. KF7385

KF7385 Peon

Best Answers:
    I started writing about two years ago. Starting, it was tough to find my voice. I look back on early posts and cringe a bit. Over time, I think we find the right tone and style, and it all falls into place.

KF7385, Jul 26, 2022 IP
  5. Dell Davinci

Dell Davinci Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, everyone, thanks for the replies. Special thanks to those who took the time to share their experiences with starting a blog.

Blogging makes good income. The money that you would make with a blog is the most reliable and recurring income you can generate. For those who failed before, all I can say to them is: read the tips below and try again.

It turns out that everyone has a different set of tasks that they find difficult, when it comes to starting a blog.

Here is what I can share, in nutshell …

I've coached people and built a lot of blogs for clients over the years, successfully. From my experience, here is what you need to do to make sure that you are actually successful:

When getting started, allocate a small budget, and outsource as many tasks as possible, including writing the blog posts.

Later on, as your blog starts to grow, you can gradually pick up the few tasks that you want to do yourself.

In other words …

As a beginner, get freelancers to start and grow your blog for you. Here is why this is super important.

By outsourcing most of the tasks to experienced freelancers, you achieve the following:

1) --- You remove the need to go through a lengthy and tedious learning curve. For example, you don't need to first learn the technical stuff; let the freelancers do technical tasks like installing themes, setting up plugins, adding a contact form, etc.
    All you need to do is give them the list of tasks and they will get things done.

2) --- You immensely reduce the risk of making mistakes and experiencing errors that may delay or block your progress. Most people fail to start a blog simply because they get discouraged along the way by the constant need to correct mistakes and errors.

3) --- You avoid the tendency of postponing and procrastinating. And most importantly, you avoid getting trapped into the pursuit of perfection. You will be surprised by the number of people who fail to make progress with their blog simply because of wasting time on things that don't really matter, things that don't lead to making money.

From my many years of experience in helping people to start and grow their own blogs, and generating a good monthly income, that is what I discovered as the best way to avoid failure and actually succeed.

I hope that helps.

Now, what are you waiting for? Go ahead, take action and start your blog this week.

If you have a question, please leave it below, I will answer as sooner as I get a chance.

To your success!

Dell

Dell Davinci, Sep 22, 2022 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Initial marketing and building a core reader following

JEET, Sep 25, 2022 IP
  7. Bob Swinson

Bob Swinson Peon

Best Answers:
    The actual writing is the hardest. For me, it's the most tedious because it requires the most work. You gotta do your keyword research, write the article from scratch, and then once you're done, look at the article to make sure it's SEO'd correctly (via Yoast SEO or something), and then edit it for grammatical mistakes.

In fact, I got so caught up I built my own tool (Wraith Scribe) to help me write articles so I can invest more time doing marketing/backlinks/etc.

I do more of a longtail keyword / low-competition strategy, so it requires a lot more articles than if I were to target a few high-volume (but very competitive keywords).

The marketing and backlinking and talking to other bloggers isn't too bad for me, because I like socializing with other bloggers and shilling to get traffic. But man, for me, the writing gets old after the first 100 articles.

Bob Swinson, Sep 27, 2022 IP
  8. Nintendo Supply

Nintendo Supply Peon

Best Answers:
    Started this site called Nintendo Supply a few months ago to focus on Nintendo and video game-related news and fan content.

Getting the initial following started is always the most difficult task (as is expected). Once you receive some traction, the most important thing to do is lean into the momentum and continue to stay relevant across your audience. It's all an attention game. Good luck!

Nintendo Supply, Aug 30, 2023 IP
  9. Агентство Workogram

Агентство Workogram Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the hardest part is to start. Coming up with a topic, developing it, and making it interesting to people is the hardest part of all.