1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google AD suspension

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Regenerate3d, Jun 27, 2022.

Hi all I'm a complete novice at this I've used nicepage to create a website for my new struggling business. I have done everything through Google to maintain transparency. But Google Ads keeps suspending me for violations. I am genuinely a novice so I'm truly struggling to understand why I'm annoying Google Ads. Like I said the site has been made with nicepage it's drag and drop design. If anyone can have a look and see if anything stands out o would appreciate it. https://www.regenerate3d.co.uk/

Many thanks

Regenerate3d, Jun 27, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your images aren't optimised so even these wee thumbnails load like treacle: https://cldup.com/EhHvMAPK48.png

But that shouldn't be your problem. Your business looks legit (and interesting). I couldn't find you on google street view though. Under the barbers? Never mind, that probably isn't the problem.

Can you share a screenshot of one of the ads you wanted to run? We manage our own and have never had any problems, or can you share one of their violations notifications so we can see the text.

sarahk, Jun 27, 2022 IP
  3. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @sarahk, there is some optimization issue on your website but that's not the case for Google Ads.
    Google Ads suspends new ad accounts and many people are facing this issue. Share the screenshot of the error you are getting from Google Ads so we can check what exactly is happening and what policy guidelines are violated. You can read this article on policy violations https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6368711#693 (maybe will help you).

Sumit_Singh, Jun 27, 2022 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Also, there are professional companies (and not so professional) that will manage your ad campaign for you. Ask your real-world connections who they use if you can. You need a company you feel comfortable with and an account manager who isn't desperate to make you increase your spend so they can inflate their fees. I'm normally pretty wary of this kind of company but some are good and in your case it might be a good way through this problem.

sarahk, Jun 27, 2022 IP
  5. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Sarahk,

I am on a very limited budget hence why i've taken you fun route of doing this all myself. Ive spoke to a few companies but as I'm suspended the will not touch me. i will get screenshots asap.

Many thanks.

Regenerate3d, Jun 28, 2022 IP
  6. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Here are the warnings I have been given! I have read every letter of the rules and i have not even breached one of the stipulations. But google really doesn't point directly at a problem! I previously had the site on a dns redirect because I wasn't able to get a static IP at time. I now have a static ip and google domains direct the www to my Raspberry pie Apache web server. I have checked my web sever for malware etc as it linux its very unlikely that's the issue. I am still a novice regardless of all the info i have had to gain to be able to get to this stage.

Just released I don't know how to upload images to this post!

Many thanks

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  7. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the optimum file size for images?

8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure but you can always put them on your server and just link to them, or use a service like imgur

sarahk, Jun 28, 2022 IP
  9. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    The file sizes are optimized by my web builder Nicepage. Most if not all of the images a 10th of the file size of original size. or do my Pixel size etc?

10. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    https://imgur.com/a/RpY3lkT

11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your website has so many spelling and grammatical mistakes. Doesn't look like an authentic UK service.

JEET, Jun 28, 2022 IP
  12. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Jeet, Would that be a reason for suspension. I'm Dyslexic so take me time thank you for pointing it out. I've put all of it through MS Word and it flagged up errors like spelling not many grammar issues.

13. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Regenerate3d I don't know if that is the reason or not. You should contact google support about that.

JEET, Jun 28, 2022 IP
  14. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny thing I have contacted google Ad support and they are not even bothered. I have appealed and it's rejected with a very vague reason which isn't helpful hence my presence on this site.

15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Do you have a screenshot of your ads?

by the way the home menu item at the top of the screen is broken.

The images on your home page are stock images and some of the text on your home page is, umm, odd. I'd like to see that box giving me a hint of where you're going. Instead of "this way" name the technique. Instead of "find what we are doing" try "We're growing rapidly" or "we're more innovative than ever".

Get someone you trust to go over the text with you. Your dyslexia won't be helping but the bigger problem is that you need fresh eyes looking at it - we all do when we launch a site, we get too close.

[​IMG]

and finally, have you googled to see if anyone else has had problems with google ads when they're site is hosted on a raspberry pi? Like, I know it's possible to host a hobby site but Google may have concerns about uptime, speed, and all that stuff.

Final midnight edit - https://support.google.com/google-ads/thread/146593693
    I'd be listening to those guys, they sound like they know what they're talking about.

If you need free hosting you can get it through sites like wordpress.com and wix. It might be a good idea to see if that makes a difference. There doesn't appear to be that much content on the site that it'll take too long. You've got nothing to lose.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    sarahk, Jun 28, 2022 IP
    JEET likes this.
  16. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you again Sarahk,

I know I have issues with dyslexia but I'm pretty much on my own here, You wouldn't think is but in a 16-year veteran of managing an optical business. I have the skill to make this business work but i cone have the ability to read like others. It is greatly appreciated all the help you have given.

The thread you have given for google support was indeed helpful to me. That's why I converted from a redirect to a static IP. google domains are happy with this so I have no reason to change that. my site is indexed on google so my raspberry pi server is not the issue it's clearly my site of the ad. I am currently frantically going through the grammar and spelling of the site. It's a minefield but I'm getting there. if you or anyone spots anything I'm happy to take the criticism to get this sorted.

The home link on site is indeed broken it will be fixed asap.

Do you want all the screenshots of the google ad added?

How do I add an image like you did above.

Many thanks

17. Regenerate3d

Regenerate3d Peon

Best Answers:
    I've updated site spelling and grammar errors and updated the images in link above. Please find an error.

Many Thanks

18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just some examples would be good. I get the link to the image and then use the image tool in the edit bar.
    upload_2022-6-29_10-43-45.png

sarahk, Jun 28, 2022 IP
  19. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read the thread @sarahk linked above. Seems like you were redirecting the website somewhere, which is what caused the issue. Reliable, small site hosting is very cheap these days, like $2 a month. Google "shared hosting", and you will find some good ones easily. Move the website to one of those hosts, then reapply.

JEET, Jul 4, 2022 IP
  20. Ireceivesmsonline

Ireceivesmsonline Peon

Best Answers:
    They ofen do this.

Ireceivesmsonline, Sep 25, 2022 IP