1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WordPress alternatives?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Lizbeth Ross, May 18, 2020.

1. Vincent Tang

Vincent Tang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Wordpress is the best but there are many alternatives such godaddy,squarespace which are at higher notch

Vincent Tang, Jun 30, 2022 IP
  2. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot compare WordPress and GoDaddy / Squarespace (not even considering here that you can have WordPress on GoDaddy). WordPress is a standalone solution that you can work with regardless of the server you are using and you can move it from one place to another easily. GoDaddy / Squarespace are site builders where you are stuck with the provider, basically you are renting their space and apps. This may work for many, but if you are not happy or you find out that you don't have tools to achieve your goals in development then you cannot take Squarespace to a different server or provider.

I will not comment on the statement "WordPress is the best", as always the best always depends on something.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Jun 30, 2022 IP
  3. Vincent Tang

Vincent Tang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its my suggestion and what I fill mate since your opinion is different I respect it

Vincent Tang, Jul 1, 2022 IP
  4. feind

feind Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It really depends on where you're going with the project, and what your skillset is - WordPress has the advantage of community, if you want to do anything, someone somewhere has created a plugin for that. The disadvantage is the often shoddy quality of those plugins, and the security issues they bring. Another problem is that as soon as you need to do anything custom that goes outside of what Wordpress offers, you're in a world of pain - take, for example, custom fields, such a basic feature yet you still need to mess around with plugins.

For professional work I completely left Wordpress behind, not touching that anymore. I use one of those three solutions:
    - Kirby CMS, which allows devs to use yaml files for quickly scaffolding custom admin panels
    - a configurable headless CMS as-a-service (Storyblok, etc), and then the frontend in Vue
    - static site generators, for those cases where I know the customer will come to me anytime they need something changes either way

The latter two give you the possibility of great managed hosting (Netlify for example) so you don't have to put effort into that either. I just know if I have to open an FTP client my day is ruined :)

feind, Jul 12, 2022 IP
  5. Salman Doherty

Salman Doherty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also try using Tilda or Wicks. These are quite flexible website builders.

Salman Doherty, Aug 7, 2022 IP
  6. Arion Commodities

Arion Commodities Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that a perfect alternative for e-commerce website is Joomla CMS.
    It's free and stable.

Arion Commodities, Sep 19, 2022 IP
  7. Jack Calder

Jack Calder Member

Best Answers:
    SO, if you are looking for alternatives to WordPress Development then here is list of some website builders which can be useful for you,

Weebly: Best for Beginners
    Go-Daddy: Best for Quick-Start Websites
    Squarespace: Best for Creatives and Influencers
    Shopify: Best for Online Stores
    Wix: Best for Design Options
    Zyro: Best for Content Creation
    Blogger: Best for Free Blogs

For More Information Contact Us: www.stelleninfotech.com

Jack Calder, Dec 2, 2022 IP
  8. UpgradeIT.ro

UpgradeIT.ro Member

Best Answers:
    Based on users evaluations, the best free ecommerce website builders are:

Best overall: Square Online
    Best for WordPress users: WooCommerce
    Best free Shopify alternative: Shift4Shop
    Best for developers: PrestaShop
    Best for Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace users: Ecwid
    Best for artists and creatives: Big Cartel
    Best for international sellers: Mozello

UpgradeIT.ro, Dec 2, 2022 IP
  9. LuisaLu

LuisaLu Peon

Best Answers:
    Wix is a great option for creative companies who need a wide range of design options... If you need more range than Jekyll, Drupal or WordPress themes, most Wix templates let you do that, but you may want to check the functionality beforehand.

LuisaLu, Dec 2, 2022 IP
  10. momowanted

momowanted Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wordpress isso complicated i m using blogger

momowanted, Dec 10, 2022 IP
  11. weFF

weFF Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its depends on what you want. If you want just blog and you are not intereseted in programming at all blogger is perfect for your needs. If you want to make simple product website and also not interested in programming wp and youtube / website builders like mozello or wix etc.
    If you want to learn programming and page is more or less just your first learning steps then skip wp/drupal/joomla/etc. The thing is that all these platforms have so much plugins and already solved basic issues that they are forcing you to lose focus on primary things "learning". You simply install 99 plugins and all you problems are gone. Yes you archive your ideas but at the cost of learning and HUGE page user experience.

weFF, Dec 18, 2022 IP
  12. zainsultan

zainsultan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to find an Alternate of WordPress, then Shopify and Wocommerce are the best options. But I recommend wordpress.

zainsultan, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  13. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know Woocommerce is not an alternative to WordPress. It is an add on to WordPress. And Shopify should not be compared to WordPress, as it is not stand alone option.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  14. chahfane

chahfane Peon

Best Answers:
    Where did you find that link? I don't own any ".CA" domains.
    My sites are in my signature.

About hacking comment, I wrote:
    There are companies whose primary work is fixing hacked wordpress websites.
    You replied to it:
    - Yes, and it's a positive thing not a negative thing

For some reason, you think that thousands of websites using same platform, all getting hacked, is something good.
    I will honestly never understand this point of yours...

You wrote:
    I have no idea what you mean on the SALTS comment, I think you're getting confused.

I am not confused at all. I think you don't know what salts are in terms of web development.
    In basic terms, salts are strings used to hash encrypt a password before storing the password in database.
    So if a database is stolen or compromised, then hackers could not decrypt passwords "easily".
    Database is still stolen, website hacked.

You wrote:
    You may or many not be aware that there are different levels of developers. Some may opt to use a Wizard so may not. I presume those opting to use a wizard may be of a lower level and are asking for help. In that case help don't abuse, the forums are here to support people not twist, moan and bitch

Nobody is bitching or twisting.
    When a person comes to a forum saying that "he has a client", and he (not client, he himself) "cannot do" a manual install of wp, then I definitely feel sorry for the poor client who chose this guy as his web designer.

You talk about security to a wp user, he says I installed some plugin.
    You talk about caching to a wp user, he says I installed some plugin.
    Then they come and say, my site got hacked, my site is not loading fast, my site is failing speed test.

They don't even know what those plugins are, or what they do, and they are taking clients.
    You don't feel sorry for these "clients' who paid these people for screwing them?

I wrote:
    WP releases weekly security updates, and this is good?
    You wrote:
    Yes, its good just like hundreds and thousands of other software houses do.

Which thousands of softwares are you talking about?
    Anti-virus softwares? They are not releasing software bug fixes. They are sending virus definitions of new viruses ones found.
    Or updating the software in backend when a new "version" is released.

I cannot even imagine a web script that needs weekly updates.
    Updates to what?
    Is wp releasing a new version each week?
    Which code in wp needs weekly maintainance?

chahfane, Jan 13, 2023 IP
  15. sepoint

sepoint Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Perhaps my opinion will be outdated, but as an alternative to WordPress, I prefer Joomla

sepoint, Jan 14, 2023 IP
  16. Netizens Technologies

Netizens Technologies Peon

Best Answers:
    Some WordPress Alternatives are Weebly, Shopify, Squarespace, Wix, Zyro, CMS Hub, Webflow, Blogger, GoDaddy, Drupal, etc.

Netizens Technologies, Jan 30, 2023 IP
  17. mindphp

mindphp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Joomla
    1. Joomla ===> E-Commerce (MooZiiCart)
    2. Wix
    3. Squarespace
    4. Shopify
    5. Weebly
    6. Drupal
    7. BigCommerce
    8. Magento

mindphp, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  18. MashKetchum

MashKetchum Peon

Best Answers:
    @lisbeth ross
    So how did the site turn out? Did you finally end up using WordPress, or did you go with one of the other alternatives mentioned in the thread?

MashKetchum, Feb 2, 2023 IP
  19. zainsultan

zainsultan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why you have added GoDaddy, Drupal alternative to WordPress? Godaddy is a different service provider.

zainsultan, Mar 9, 2023 IP
  20. Guarin Plamondon

Guarin Plamondon Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many platforms for creating websites that can be better or worse than WordPress, depending on your needs and goals. Here are some examples:

Shopify is a platform for creating online stores that provides a complete set of tools for selling goods online. It has a simple and intuitive interface, as well as many integrations and themes that help you customize your store to your needs.

Squarespace is a website creation platform that provides tools for creating professional-looking websites with simple interfaces and intuitive features.

Joomla is a content management platform that can be used to create websites of varying complexity, from small sites to large corporate portals. It has a more complex interface, but provides more opportunities for users with a higher level of technical knowledge.

Drupal is another content management platform that is often used to create complex websites and web applications. It has a more complex interface, but provides more flexible options for users with a higher level of technical knowledge.

In general, choosing the best platform for you depends on your needs, experience and goals. WordPress is a very popular and versatile platform, but there are many other options that may be better suited to your needs.

Guarin Plamondon, Mar 21, 2023 IP