1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my site doesn't show up in google results when I type in site name

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by joan sampson, Jul 6, 2022.

The name of my site is Slant. When I type Slant into Google for a search, my company doesn't show up anywhere. Not even paid for advertising. Why? Now, if I type in Slant.biz, it does show up.

joan sampson, Jul 6, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I would question your judgement when buying the domain name - didn't the results when you searched terrify you? So many videos, so many dictionary definitions. You need to promote the full domain name to people, remembering slant isn't going to be enough until you're well established.

I'd also recommend popping over the website review section and asking for feedback. The site is slow to load and looks dated in my opinion, it might help to get more feedback.

sarahk, Jul 7, 2022 IP
  3. joan sampson

joan sampson Member

Best Answers:
    I did post and not too much feedback.

joan sampson, Jul 17, 2022 IP
  4. alemcherry

alemcherry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will be difficult to rank at the top for a dictionary word. However, you are not ranking anywhere(as you said), which would mean that Google doesn't consider your site very important. You have a lot of work to do in terms of SEO - starting with a keyword analysis. I don't think you are expecting the word "slant" to drive in traffic for you - it should be something related to what you sell and you will have to find something that is not very hard to rank high as well as that has enough search volume.

Okay, I am advising thinking you as a newbie in SEO, which you may not. Regarding the site looks I agree that it looks dated, but that will not be an issue for SEO. Also, your visitors may not mind it either, since it is simple enough and has a unique, personal feel. May be, not having a modern e-commerce look will help you stand out. Overall, the site loads fast enough to me and looks okay, I don't see your site design standing in your way of selling stuff.

alemcherry, Jul 18, 2022 IP
    MargoFarrel likes this.
  5. AquaSwitch

AquaSwitch Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice would definitely be patience. Even with a non-dictionary word, it takes a while for google to consider ranking a website for everything.

I started a website, "aquaswitch" and ploughed straight into lots of SEO activities, signing up to directories, posting lots of unique content etc etc. It still took three months to rank top in our own name and outrank websites selling random plumbing components.

You can be sure that Cambridge dictionary and your other rivals not spending any effort getting their definitions to rank; you'll be able to overcome these in time by following the SEO basics.

AquaSwitch, Jul 18, 2022 IP
  6. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    If your website has been created recently, I definitely recommend patience. If you can find a budget, you can try SEO or even take some basic SEO steps on your own.

Gamerseo, Jul 20, 2022 IP
  7. usama Bhai

usama Bhai Member

Best Answers:
    You need to optimize your site by Auditing the site. by this method you will be able to find errors and then remove it.

usama Bhai, Jul 21, 2022 IP
  8. joan sampson

joan sampson Member

Best Answers:
    I have had this site for five years so it has had plenty of time for sure. At this point, 50% of the traffic is from paid ads and 50% is organic search results. I don't get alot of repeat business even though in the reviews, and in replies to me after they get their shipped confirmation, many say they will be back. I wonder if the problem is that they just put in Slant or Slant.com. I am Slant.biz. still not sure if the name change is a good idea.

joan sampson, Aug 30, 2022 IP
  9. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The word (keyword) slant has approx 12000 monthly searches and SEO difficulty of 84 but you haven't optimized for this keyword yet and that is why your website isn't showing anywhere on Google.
    Slant(dot)biz is your website's domain and it is the unique address for every website so if you own this domain then no one can own the same till it expired or you sell it to someone. So if you search the domain name of your website on Google it will show up, simple.

Sumit_Singh, Aug 31, 2022 IP
  10. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not ranking for your business name (slant) just means you need to focus more on your Brand name. As long as your product pages rank, that actually make you revenue is more important.

kjh-08, Sep 10, 2022 IP
  11. Warner Williams

Warner Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is obvious that your site is not yet on google, to make sure do a search like this site:yoursitename.com
    The next step is signup for Google search console, and they will walk you through the proper listing of your site, sitemap, etc.

Warner Williams, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  12. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you even bother to check? The site is "on google" if you bothered. Please stop giving bad advice.

Agent000, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  13. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    If you make your site perfect - you can take some basic SEO steps on your own or use professional help. This is a proper movement to success.

MargoFarrel, Sep 12, 2022 IP
  14. Warner Williams

Best Answers:
    My advice is worth a million bucks, but I am not about to make you lazy. If you don't want to investigate your site, then don't.
    But don't rate my advice as poor, most users don't even know how to do a site check, and I prefer that they learn.

Warner Williams, Sep 12, 2022 IP
  15. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Your post was totally useless. Your advice was totally worthless.
    If you weren't so lazy, you would have checked the site in question on you would have seen that it was indexed, yet you made the statement that "It is obvious that your site is not yet on google". That is a lie and not true.
    Please stop posting such useless advice.

Agent000, Sep 12, 2022 IP
  16. Warner Williams

Best Answers:
    You should let the author of the thread decide that, you are in no way qualified to evaluate my advice,
    1) Is it wrong to check a website using the site:yoursitename.com method? No! That is the Google recommended method
    2) Should one submit their website to the Google Search console? Definitely yes! that is another recommendation from Google

So, let the user decide, and please let me be. My advice is Google compliance, you can't get better anywhere else. please do not continue to hijack this thread. the issue is not about me.

Warner Williams, Sep 12, 2022 IP
  17. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Stop being such a jerk. You gave bad advice. You gave horse manure.

Agent000, Sep 12, 2022 IP
  18. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously didn't understand the OP's question. Their site is indexed. There's a big difference in not ranking for your Brand Name in Search and a website not being indexed.

kjh-08, Sep 14, 2022 IP