1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Choosing one domain name for different niches??

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by mikehende, Sep 11, 2022.

Hey guys, I need to choose a domain name to start a blogging site but how can I choose a name which will reflect all of my preferred niches, any idea please?
    I have expertise and experiences in all of these listed:

Music - equipment, softwares
    Psoriasis, skin, arthritis
    Autism, mental health
    Computer repair
    Web design
    Marketing

mikehende, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't try blogging about all these topics on one blog, if your goal is ranking. You'll never achieve topical relevance as these are difference niches. If you're just posting content to post, then you could go with a Brandable domain name that leaves the niche choice open.

kjh-08, Sep 11, 2022 IP
    JEET and rangan like this.
  3. mikehende

mikehende Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for responding, sorry I should have explained myself better. I want to get into blogging as a career move for monetizing. I won't be writing blogs containing more than one niche, This which you wrote [thanks] is what I need I think "then you could go with a Brandable domain name that leaves the niche choice open". Thing is, I am having trouble coming up with a name, can anyone here give me just one example of a name which might covers different niches just so I will have an idea of what to think about to come up with some names please?

4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think of names like Google or Yahoo, it doesn't convey that it's a search engine by the name, it could cover any topic/niche.

kjh-08, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  5. mikehende

Best Answers:
    True!

6. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your experiences are in about all top competitive niches, so think something different because if you will think about music then domain will be related to music, same like health and others niches ....... So i think you should choose domain like ... Whatwant, whatlooking, Getallsolution etc. something like this, so you can add all types of blog there.
    Its just my suggestion ... dont take it seriously ... if looking good then can follow or leave because i am not expert of multi niches blog :D:D

seomanualsubmission, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  7. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Thank you, will do. Is there an option to "like" posts here? Not noticing any icons for it in these posts/threads.

8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use your own name. MikeMedical.com MikeSoftware.com, MikeWebDesigns.com etc etc

JEET, Sep 17, 2022 IP
  9. mikehende

Best Answers:
    What would be the reason for doing so vs a general branding name?

mikehende, Sep 17, 2022 IP
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    General branding is slightly difficult to rank for in google etc searches. Not impossible, only slightly more difficult. A blog/website specific to a niche has slightly better chances of ranking in that niche.

JEET, Sep 18, 2022 IP
  11. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Right BUT remember that in my case since I have a few different niches how will I be able to use

MikeMedical.com MikeSoftware.com, MikeWebDesigns.com etc etc??

mikehende, Sep 19, 2022 IP
  12. Bob Swinson

Bob Swinson Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd just make a new website for each of them unless you want to handicap yourself in terms of SEO.

Crawlers will look at your site and say 'Oh, this is what this site is about'.

But when your site is about a lot of things, there's a possibility that the AI can get confused or miss the point of what your blog is about (not to mention your readers). For example, talking about mental health and music equipment don't really go hand-in-hand. And in fact will just dilute your message. It's a lot better to silo each niche into their own domain so SEO crawlers can understand what your website's about and give it a better authority on that topic.

Don't get me wrong: you can have a single website for music-ecommerce-mental disorders and still get ranked highly, but you'd only do it not because your SEO is good or because your keywords are aligned (they won't be, by definition) -- you'd get ranked high by driving viral traffic through social media or ads and you'd have to write such amazing content in every single category that your average engagement time is much longer than your competitors, who are probably almost all 100% focused on a single niche on their keyword. Other words, you'd succeed IN SPITE of terrible SEO and just handicapping yourself severely for no reason.

But if it's just a hobbyist site and you have no plans to monetize it, then it kind of doesn't matter how you organize it and you should just do the thing that makes you the most happy.

Bob Swinson, Sep 20, 2022 IP
  13. mikehende

Best Answers:
    I think this is great advice, thank you very much! Looking at some of the top bloggers who monetize they are all only one niche.

mikehende, Sep 21, 2022 IP
  14. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You make different blogs on mikemedical and mikesoftware etc. Post software related stuff on mikesoftware, and medical related stuff on mikemedical etc.

JEET, Sep 22, 2022 IP
  15. duhast1337

duhast1337 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for useful information. That can make me use the information to work in order to continue working effectively. Thank you.
    The game has been designed by the team at PG, who are also responsible for designing and developing the game.
    The team consists of experienced developers, designers, and marketers with backgrounds in blockchain technology, gaming development, and marketing.

duhast1337, Nov 20, 2022 IP
  16. ArtificialIntelligence

ArtificialIntelligence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you need to start a single niche at one time, after adding some of the articles, you may jump to another niche and so on. Or you can buy a single domain and divide all topics into subdomains like softwares.mike.com, music.mike.com. mike.com is your main domain. One of my friend made this type of website in past.

ArtificialIntelligence, Jan 25, 2023 IP
  17. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think this is a great idea, thank you!

mikehende, Jan 25, 2023 IP
  18. jhhyh

jhhyh Peon

Best Answers:
    Use your own name with niches at name combining web for best name

jhhyh, Nov 9, 2023 IP