1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it a Problem to Have Same Product Descriptions?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Wan Bo, Jul 25, 2022.

I am working in an eCommerce company which I found has so many products with the almost same description. My company has a format to write the description and my colleagues also follow that rather than writing new descriptions for every product.
    Is there any problem like the duplicate article?
    Is it bad for SEO?
    I am willing to know your great view about this matter.

Wan Bo, Jul 25, 2022 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well of course as google can detect duplicate content ,so i would say yes as google dont like duplicate content

Spartan14, Jul 26, 2022 IP
  3. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    I also know Google doesn't like duplicate content. But my question is almost every eCommerce company(that has a specific product) writes almost similar product descriptions because every product has some similarity. And that's my question is it necessary to have a unique description for every product?

Wan Bo, Jul 26, 2022 IP
  4. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is definitely better to rewrite every product description of your own words!

MargoFarrel, Jul 26, 2022 IP
  5. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    ok. I got it.

Wan Bo, Jul 26, 2022 IP
  6. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    Recently I have checked some sites which are also similar to my shop like mobilesentrix and Rewa tech they used to write almost similar descriptions for every product. I mean every product has some similar sentences and words but they are doing great also. So what do you think about it?

Wan Bo, Jul 27, 2022 IP
  7. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Having the same format on each and every product I can understand, i,e., title, name, description, price etc., however can't see how the information would be the same for every product, surely there has to be differences on price, specifics, product description. This being the case, can't see why there would be an issue with SEO. However, it it is cut and paste then yes, can see why Google, or any search engine, will have a problem with that.

Harvey Wolf, Jul 31, 2022 IP
  8. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never use duplicate content. Each web page should have original content. Google may penalize in the future if duplicate content is detected.

knowledgeherald, Sep 7, 2022 IP
  9. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For best results each description should be unique. Even if they are similar products, using synonyms help. To see if google has an issue with it, check how many pages are indexed. If a lot of pages aren’t indexed then that will let you know it’s an issue and could be seen as duplicate content.

kjh-08, Sep 10, 2022 IP
  10. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, very true. This is the reason many site owners hire good content writer who can write descriptions differently.

knowledgeherald, Sep 12, 2022 IP