1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

You.com

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by chilirepublic, Jul 17, 2022.

I have discovered a new search engine on the internet, it’s called You.com

chilirepublic, Jul 17, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It shows promise but this made me laugh

upload_2022-7-18_14-40-29.png

Have you submitted your sites?
    Do you get much traffic?

sarahk, Jul 17, 2022 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It looks great, but another search engine... no thanks. I still need to start using duckduckgo tho.

qwikad.com, Jul 18, 2022 IP
  4. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually a very nice search engine, I'm impressed. We don't need another search engine, but usually, the small ones are very basic and cheesy looking or over the top crazy with too much going on. This is clean, user-friendly, fast, and not just another early Google clone.

cronik, Aug 16, 2022 IP
  5. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. I checked but found not so friendly. I would rather stick to Google.

knowledgeherald, Sep 7, 2022 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Results are not that accurate. It shows copycat sites higher than their original counterparts.

JEET, Sep 24, 2022 IP
  7. onclickjobs

onclickjobs Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    i just visited it but it's so complicated and i can't add my own website and i can't find any way to do it!!

onclickjobs, Oct 6, 2022 IP
  8. Serp Solace

Serp Solace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They do have a nice text tool though, "You Write" Here is what I got for SEO. https://you.com/search?q=how+to+write+well&fromSearchBar=true&tbm=youwrite

"SEO is short form for “Search engine optimization”. It is a long-term marketing strategy employed in order to improve a websites visibility and organic search results in google and other global search engines.
    When done correctly, SEO can be a powerful tool that will help you attract more visitors to your website, improve your conversion rate, and ultimately boost your bottom line. However, it's important to keep in mind that SEO takes time to achieve results—it's not a quick fix.
    Here are some tips on how you can get started with SEO:
    1) Do keyword research: In order to identify the best keywords for your website, you'll need to do some research. You can use tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner or Moz Keyword Explorer to find popular keywords that relate to your business or product. Once you've identified some potential keywords, try incorporating them into your content (e.g., blog posts, titles, descriptions).
    2) Optimize title tags and meta descriptions: Title tags and meta descriptions are key elements of on-page optimization—they're what show up in the search engine results pages (SERPs). Make sure they're clear and concise so people know what they'll find when they click through from the SERP."""""

Not bad results tbh.

Serp Solace, Oct 11, 2022 IP
  9. Mattabra

Mattabra Peon

Best Answers:
    So my experience with You.com is mixed for now.

It's pretty fun to try out and has some OK results, but to be honest using ChatGPT is a better option for now. Besides, just like the Microsoft Bing AI (Sydney) it seems to be giving very weird answers sometimes like it randomly appoints someone else as the CEO of You.com in a conversation: https://searchwith.ai/blog/ai-search-a-review-of-you-and-neeva/

But yeah from what i heard the conversation AI capabilities where only recently added in december 2022. We could expect a lot of improvement in the upcoming months? I guess they have to with Google Bard coming soon and competition of Microsoft/OpenAI?

Mattabra, Feb 21, 2023 IP
  10. fortingwild

fortingwild Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO all AI search is not great (yet). But, I'm sure it will be amazing in a few years. Think us SEO folks will be out of business soon?

fortingwild, Feb 22, 2023 IP