1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I structure my business model?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by reality250, Apr 29, 2022.

I focussed since the beginning of this year on a startup with lower budget and only used my sales skills, which I used, in past as a Facebook agency owner 2 years (getting clients like restaurants and realtors).

Since I have this know-how and can't deliver results like SEO, ads and professional content management, I had to cooperate with someone in this field.

I brought him 4 potential clients through cold calling, for á website audit. He owns an SEO agency for 30 years. And he is pretty solid when in comes to professionality.

To make it short, he still has 2 appointments which I generated, But I dont know what to do and how to work with him, since we have a contract where I will get paid like affiliate 10% but he couldnt close the clients which I sent him in 3 months.

Should I wait ? Should I refer the other clients to get more businesses for him?

That's what he wrote today:

Hello Taner,

briefly to the info:

Van Vertes I have not heard anything

Auto Stephan: Have proposed a first measure for 400.-

once, so far still no reaction.

Gallery Fach: Similar to Auto Stephan, he had only written to me,

that he has just privately other concerns and therefore currently no time.

Thursday 5 May 11h goes with me!

Many greetings

Thomas

With the other agency I already made 200EUR from 2000EUR 3-month contract. But what can I do in the future to avoid this long waiting line, should I work with smaller agencies ?

reality250, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well this its part of the business and failures its part of it .I think its not your fault as you dont have the responsability to make people buy only to search them .Either you continue to search other clients or you work with other companies

Spartan14, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your business deal relies on two things... you ability to get leads and his ability to close the deal. It's lovely that he believes in you but does he have what it takes too?

That said, 3 leads... that's not huge. You need to be generating far more than that - although you should check his capacity, you don't want him to spend all his time on the leads and not do the work and get a bad reputation.

As for 30 years of SEO, that's awesome, but it's only the last 5 years that matter and the proven results.

sarahk, Apr 30, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As @sarahk indicates, three leads is way too few leads to come to any conclusions. As someone with sales experience, you should know that. Further, as an ISR (Independent Sales Rep) who is paid only on commissions, it is really up to you to make sure that the deal gets closed. And it sounds like this guy needs help. You should stay involved with the sale beyond passing the lead along. Not only should this help the conversion rate, but by being on sales calls, you will also discover if this guy is worth the effort, (i.e., are his services competitive, priced right, etc.) or if you should focus your efforts with other suppliers.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    jrbiz, Apr 30, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you need to find better leads that will close once knowing what he can do and at what price was agreed upon. If you are providing the bait and then he gives them the switch, then those kinds of sales may not go through. Then they tell you that you sent them to a guy that charged me more than what you said he would. How long have you known this guy? Have you just recently gotten into bed with him? Are you still looking/obtaining leads while waiting for potential commissions from this guy?

davilama2682, May 8, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. Terem123

Terem123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quite interesting dilemma. You'd rather wait for a while more, and then send new clients to this business. If there will be a total failure and this businessman will fail again, then just refuse the idea of communicating with such an irresponsible person.

Terem123, Aug 17, 2022 IP
  7. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Work for yourself. Update your SEO and content writing skill set, and start a business bringing in new clients for yourself - instead of working hard for someone else.

Randall Magwood, Oct 12, 2022 IP
  8. outrefranc

outrefranc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt that. For your information, Google only started in 1998. SEO wasn't invented in the last century.

outrefranc, Oct 21, 2022 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I agree with your doubt but I was doing SEO on my own sites back in '99. It existed and there were plenty of people talking about it.

sarahk, Oct 23, 2022 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The first use of the acronym "SEO" was recorded in 1997, according to the sources I found. Danny Sullivan launched "Search Engine Watch" in 1997 which, among other things, offered tips on how to rank your website better on the search engines of that era.

jrbiz, Oct 24, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  11. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This might be the best strategy. Doing SEO for yourself instead of for someone else. You could build some residual income for yourself for the efforts you place in securing others clients.

davilama2682, Oct 27, 2022 IP