1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you do keyword research?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by praetserge, Jun 4, 2022.

Keyword is very important and the way forward before you write your first word.
    What is your favourite way to do keyword research?

I'll start:
    1. I find weak websites.
    2. Using ahrefs, semrush, moz, etc, I find the keywords they rank for. You can easily use moz for free for this part.
    3. Write better articles for those keywords.
    4. Rank and bank.

praetserge, Jun 4, 2022 IP
  2. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, agree with your sentiment that 'keyword is very important and the way forward before you write your first word.'

Unless you know the desired destination, does it matter whether you go left or right?

Let's face it, you may have written a brilliant blog post, content piece, or whatever else, but if no one is interested, does it matter?

Yes, have a fancy-looking website if you wish, but in reality, let's face it, nobody cares because personally, feel many go wrong with the concept of good keyword research because it should occur before you start even typing that first elusive word.

Your traffic/potential customer(s), only want to know one thing and one thing alone, how can you, your website, product(s), and services help take them from A to B, that's it!
    Furthermore, to highlight the point, the content itself has to appeal, but so too should your chosen keyword(s).

The same principles apply to an image, and your title, both more vital than the content itself and be given much more significant thought.
    Moreover, once you have your article, and get that title looking good with great imagery, you stand a far better chance in the race.
    Worst-case scenario and no one buys (as yet) you are discovered (assuming you chose the correct keywords), amongst countless millions (if not more) of sites already in existence. Over time, (unless you pay for the traffic, of course), organic traffic can reap untold future benefits.

I compare an image to a keyword for the simple reason, that it works. You only need to look to your favourite food chain stores and you will easily find how retailers will repetitively be changing their packaging. Content within is most probably the same as it was yesterday, the week, month, or perhaps the year before, moreover, you wouldn't think it, judging by its clever use of different cover/packaging, would you?
    Not only will a sneaky little thought pop into your head that maybe it might be better in some way, but you also get to believe you are buying something completely different.

All this takes place in the minds of shoppers, within split seconds, and without us even realizing we are doing it perhaps, the supermarket's objective is achieved. This brings me back to where I started, unless you know your desired destination (keyword(s) does it matter whether you go left or right? The retailers, it would seem, do have a clear marketing objective and follow its direction religiously.

The basic fact is, as with ever-changing packaging, comprehensive keyword research, especially those you can find to have good long-tail versions, whose search volume is such to warrant interest in using them, and those that your competitors do not use that much will also work.

Assuming your content delivers on its promise, keyword research is precisely the same as that packaging and used correctly can yield significantly higher results.

Thanks for the read, and if you found this helpful, perhaps my blog entitled How Ranking A Website Can Be Simple & Easy To Do
    can shed more light on the subject matter at hand.
    Thanks.

Harvey Wolf, Jun 4, 2022 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i get a plan on vidiq and its sbow me there the keywords i need

Spartan14, Jun 7, 2022 IP
  4. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just don't understand the need to find weak websites and what they rank for..

I know why you are doing it, but that same info is available from Google and can be accessed and assessed when gauging viability in the Google database via a free Google Ads account. They show you how competitive keywords are, as well as the monthly search traffic. Some SEO software will also provide this.

Oso Optimized, Jun 12, 2022 IP
  5. Puru Singh

Puru Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello

In SEO Keyword Research is very important.

There are three types of Keywords:
    1) Short Tail Keywords
    2) Long Tail Keywords
    3) Blogging Keywords

And for Keyword Research I am using Website Niche Services /Products, Semrush, Ahref, Soovle, Keyword.io, Social Media Channels, Competitors Keywords.

Thanks

Puru Singh, Jun 15, 2022 IP
  6. Azharuddin Sheikh

Azharuddin Sheikh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I go for keyword research, then we can use keyword planner tools as well as SEMrush tools where we can get good keyword ideas for the website. It is preferable for us to use low competitive keywords with high volume because they will help us promote our website as soon as possible through search engines.

Azharuddin Sheikh, Jun 21, 2022 IP
  7. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How do you identify whether the website is weak or strong for the particular keyword if it's ranking as you have said?

Sumit_Singh, Jun 22, 2022 IP
  8. Wilson Jacob

Wilson Jacob Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Keyword research is the most important and effective strategy, if you really want to improve your website ranking as well as traffic. Keyword planner is the most reliable keyword research tool, through this tool you'll get all parameters that are needed to select the right one.

Wilson Jacob, Jun 23, 2022 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Almost daily I use Google Search Console > Search Results > and click all four (Total Clicks ... Total Impressions ... Average CTR ... Average Position) > QUERIES.

You can mine a ton of helpful keyword data from those results. And some of those data can be especially helpful to you in adding appropriate internal links — which Google does consider valuable.

•• For example, let's say you have a website on Sporting Dogs. You look at your GSC stats (from what I did above) and see that one of your main keyword phrases (under QUERIES) — raising Labradors on a webpage titled "Raising Labradors" — is getting 10 clicks from 1,000 total impressions, for a CTR therefore of 1.0% [not good] and average position 12.3 in Google's search results. If you just add the KW phrase raising Labradors to several other pages on your website, linking to the main "Raising Labradors" page, your ranking for those keywords might have a good chance of jumping from your present average position of 12.3 in the SERPS to maybe 7 or 8. Being on the first page of SERPs will definitely bring more traffic.

Jim4767, Jun 28, 2022 IP
  10. Md Pr Prio Bhuiyan

Md Pr Prio Bhuiyan Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using ubersuggest and I like it. It's very useful for keyword research.

Md Pr Prio Bhuiyan, Jul 1, 2022 IP
  11. laci272

laci272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I second Ubersuggest. (https://neilpatel.com/ubersuggest/). You can look up your competition and see what keywords they rank for. They also have a Chrome extension that is VERY helpful with keyword research.

laci272, Jul 2, 2022 IP
  12. iphoneglance

iphoneglance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really still don’t understand the keyword research. How do you explain it in the most lamest way possible?

iphoneglance, Jul 9, 2022 IP
  13. laci272

laci272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lamest way I know:)
    Ex: you have a site that sells... kitchen towels
    there's a keyword "kitchen towels" , but there are many many more... so what you do is enter your competitors's websites into ubersuggest (for ex.), and it will show you what keywords people use in search engines to find your competitors.
    In this example, those keywords might be:
    decorative kitchen towels
    kitchen towels paper
    best kitchen towels
    kitchen towels bulk
    cotton kitchen towels
    kitchen towel sets
    buy kitchen towel set
    cheap kitchen towel set
    luxury kitchen towel
    .... and probably many more....

laci272, Jul 10, 2022 IP
  14. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    We usually use ahrefs. We rely on the recommendations and our experience.

Gamerseo, Jul 11, 2022 IP
  15. onairseo

onairseo Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Step 1: Make a list of important, relevant topics based on what you know about your business. ...
    2. Step 2: Fill in those topic buckets with keywords. ...
    3. Step 3: Understand How Intent Affects Keyword Research and Analyze Accordingly. ...
    4. Step 4: Research related search terms. ...
    5. Step 5: Use keyword research tools to your advantage.

onairseo, Aug 4, 2022 IP
  16. Asikul Islam

Asikul Islam Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword is very important in modern times.

without a good keyword can't be good content. Before reading content people see the keyword. If keyword can grow interest then may read the content.
    So, before fixing keyword should take a survey regarding the selective niche.
    Now a days there are some tools such as keyword planner, keyword revealer, ahrefs, etc.

Thanks

Asikul Islam, Aug 8, 2022 IP
  17. creative hustlers

creative hustlers Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a few different methods for conducting keyword research, but the most important thing is to make sure you are including relevant and popular keywords in your content.

One way to find out what keywords people are searching for is to use a keyword research tool like Google AdWords Keyword Planner. You can also look at competitor websites to see what keywords they are targeting. Once you have a list of potential keywords, the next step is to start incorporating them into your content.

This means using them in your titles, in the body of your text, and even in the alt text of images. The more relevant your content is to the keywords you are targeting, the better chance you have of ranking high in search results.

creative hustlers, Aug 9, 2022 IP
  18. danish001

danish001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your are doing keyword research look for the search volume and then work on it.

danish001, Aug 9, 2022 IP
  19. Jadadad

Jadadad Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Consider what industry your website belongs to, and use words or proper nouns related to the industry as keywords.
    2. Use tools such as SimilarWeb, Blexb, etc. to see how competing products are doing and how popular the keywords are.

Jadadad, Aug 10, 2022 IP
  20. danish001

danish001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There many paid tools,semrush and more if you are looking for free one google keyword planner is good.

danish001, Aug 15, 2022 IP