1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am trying to make leads make a phone order - Is that possible?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Nsjim, Apr 6, 2022.

Hi I need some help from copywriting experts - I have 10 years selling online. -
    I am getting new leads every day, i try to give them a good offer on a product i know that converts. But I cant get them to make a phone order

For example there is a product that costs 200 -
    On the website is on sale at 179
    I tell them in the follow up you can have it for 110 only by phone order
    And what people do the go buy it at 179 with online order
    Can anyone give me a clue how could i give offers to people and make the order by phonecall?

Nsjim, Apr 6, 2022 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Clients do not like talking with strangers on the phone until trust has been established. Go online first, then let them make the choice to talk with you on the phone.

No one likes a hard sell or a pushy sales pitch.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 6, 2022 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea i also think its a little hard to sell on the phone as people dont know you and trust you .I think selling online its a better idea

Spartan14, Apr 7, 2022 IP
  4. Nsjim

Nsjim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok i understand what you are saying, but why someone completes the payment with higher prive than picking up the phone and make a call?

Nsjim, Apr 7, 2022 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Unless they need specific sales help during the purchase process, most buyers will strongly prefer to buy online without interaction with a salesperson. That is normal buying behavior and why you want to make purchasing as easy and comfortable as your market wants. And, it seems like your market is telling you, with clear (non)buying signals, that they do not want to purchase by phone. So, the real question is why do you feel the need to sell by phone only? What is it about your product/service that requires a sales call and is there a way to get around it?

jrbiz, Apr 24, 2022 IP
  6. Nsjim

Nsjim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am trying to make sales with autoresponder but only with phone orders, because i believe if i try to give them and make them online order they wont do it online

Nsjim, Apr 24, 2022 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If they will not buy online or by phone, you need to re-think your product/service and your offers. If they will not purchase online or by phone, you have eliminated perhaps the two most popular ways of buying these days. That is concerning.

Perhaps, you could ask them to simply reply to your email if they would like to purchase the product and they will get a personal response by email from you with ordering instructions? Then, you would need to give them options: a link to buy online, a phone to call, or perhaps an online chat to place the order.

jrbiz, Apr 24, 2022 IP
  8. Nsjim

Nsjim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    they only buy with scarcity and only if the product has reduced price - Our culture in my country is to buy cheap stuff, or only when its on sale
    No my products are not epxensive, When something costs 9 , people buy it in 7.60 , when something costs 39.50 and everybody sell it 39.50, people want to buy it 35.50 (these are just examples) - So people in my industry are looking for sales and discounts

And all this situation has made me not to want to continue the business, i feel like a slave to them, and the market has made me economical destroyed

What I am saying is i cant sell with decent profit

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2022
    Nsjim, Apr 24, 2022 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You need to consider if it is your entire market that is exclusively price conscious and not caring about anything else, or if there is a segment of your market that may value more than just cost? Or is there an entirely different market/geography where your offerings would be more competitive?

jrbiz, Apr 24, 2022 IP
  10. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there, I can feel your frustration in your questions. As an alternative, if you already have a phone script maybe try changing it. Or do some online research. See the type of questions that will help you to covert. Bottom line though, the more salesy you are, the more people will back off. They need to know from the word go 'WIIFM' (what's in it for me).
    Bluntly, but respectively, all they will want to know is how can you help them, not how many sales are you able to make on the phone.

I hope this is of some help going forward. As you have also mentioned online sales as mentioned in my blog blog below, 'transitioning online can take some time, and some things will be easier than others, but it is worth sticking with it. In time your marketing efforts can become more streamlined and effective'.

Have you tried other methods of communication apart from the phone, if not you are welcome to check out my blog post below that provide alternative methods which you might consider using.

In either case, hope you find your happy medium :)

8 Simple Online Marketing Business Opportunities That Work And Why

Harvey Wolf, Apr 24, 2022 IP
  11. DulceanaQQ

DulceanaQQ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess you can try to increase the price more than it is by the phone call and try to create some banners on your website like "receive a discount right now. make a phone call and save up to 70$". Anyway, there will be people who will apply to buy services via phone call. Such a viral banners always grab attention of customers, not all of them but at least the part of them. So, just try it out and I think you will reach the goal, at least partly.

DulceanaQQ, Aug 14, 2022 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm just catching up... you want people to buy by phone because you don't believe they'll buy online...

I wouldn't make the phone call when the price difference is so huge - I'd expect to be upsold and that would annoy me. I'd also be annoyed that the online price is so much higher.

Write up a business plan and ensure that your website is following it, look at how you're selling the product and look at how you are driving buyers to your website. Post in website reviews if you'd like us to take a look.

FWIW the website for our family business takes online leads but our primary call to action is an 0800 phone call. We want to talk to our customers. The price is the same. Our customers are happy to make the call.

sarahk, Aug 14, 2022 IP
  13. knowledgeherald

knowledgeherald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have more than a decade of writing experience and very few clients contacted me through a phone call. They are mostly comfortable contacting through emails or chats.

knowledgeherald, Aug 24, 2022 IP
  14. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    It's normal for people to prefer to buy online. Nobody likes talking on the phone.

Gamerseo, Aug 24, 2022 IP
  15. ArtificialIntelligence

ArtificialIntelligence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you, many people do not like to talk with strangers, you make trust with them. You can build good relation with them first, after they will talk with you on phone.

ArtificialIntelligence, Jan 26, 2023 IP