1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the best way to drive traffic to a new blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by JoiesBlog, Aug 5, 2022.

Hi everyone,

I started my blog last year and I've been finding it difficult to drive traffic outside of social media. I've been trying to use pinterest but still have only seen small results. Can anyone offer alternative ways on how to drive traffic?

Thank you!

JoiesBlog, Aug 5, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you wanting repeat visits?
    Your information is going to have to be compelling to get people to return.

sarahk, Aug 7, 2022 IP
  3. Amony11

Amony11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Publish Long-Form Blog Posts.
    2. Write About Trending Topics.
    3. Use Long Blog Post Headlines.
    4. Comment on Related Blogs.
    5. Repurpose Content For Different Platforms.
    6. Promote New Content In Email Newsletters.
    7. Guest Blog On Legit Blogs In Your Niche.
    8. Optimize Your Blog Posts For SEO.

Amony11, Aug 8, 2022 IP
  4. Serv00

Serv00 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your content is interesting, people will visit it. Remember that promoting a blog is a long and arduous process.

Serv00, Aug 29, 2022 IP
  5. Warner Williams

Warner Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am impressed that you have kept your blog up for such a long time without great income from it. most people would have thrown in the towel by now. if you wish, I could always give you a free evaluation if you would send me your URL, if not, I understand, I am new and you need to know me better.
    Here is my tip: You could always try some direct lead generation marketing, that is placing your offer before people who are interested in your commodity. Here is the best way to do it.
    1) Create a special offer, seminar, hot tip, interview with someone famous, or a service/product landing page
    2) Create a banner for your promo
    3) Create an email campaign and select only newsletters that match your promo - depending on your budget, you can get space in the top newsletters. You can always try ampjar.com, for $5 you can do shootouts to selected newsletters, admailr.com is at the other end and charges on a CPC basis, but it is well worth it.
    You can monitor your campaign from their dashboard, and you can adjust the newsletters that you select to improve CPC.
    I hope this was of some help.

Warner Williams, Sep 1, 2022 IP
  6. vinith98

vinith98 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hows the traffic from Google? If it is lacking then the usual suspect is the content. Well-written content will usually find a place on google SERP without you doing much.

If you aren't getting any traffic from search engines it could be a configuration error too. A while ago I was checking a site that wasn't getting indexed despite having good content and found that the robots.txt file was blocking all traffic.

vinith98, Sep 2, 2022 IP