1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Building backlinks is a waste of time, here is what works ...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FarrisFahad, May 27, 2022.

Link building is the hardest thing in SEO. If you are like me and you don't want to spam the web with links to your site then you should try what am about to tell you ...

We all have 24 hours a day, and only a few hours can be spent on our projects. You can spam the web with your few hours or you can focus on something more important.

So what is more important? It's building content and rewriting content that is not performing well in search.

So instead of spending time building links, spend that time building content and improving old content.

Links you have no control of, while content is in your hands.

That's my 2 cents :)

What do you guys think?

FarrisFahad, May 27, 2022 IP
    indiasbull and seobeena like this.
  2. cashbox.money

cashbox.money Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, of course content making is the most important thing. Your website should become interesting and have a high quality first.

cashbox.money, May 27, 2022 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go ahead and try it yourself. I am not against good content.. But just ignoring links is a foolish thing to do.

mrb1129, May 27, 2022 IP
    praetserge likes this.
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well this its a good idea but dont forget that link building its amongs most important things in seo

Spartan14, May 27, 2022 IP
  5. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I remember the early days of SEO when links weren't as important, and you could rank well without a lot of them. That day has passed..

Oso Optimized, May 31, 2022 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  6. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of techniques and method that SEO persons follow and different method works for different persons. As you are saying building links are waste of time then I simply disagree with you.
    Quality content on your website and quality backlinks to your website works simultaneously to get you the best ranking. If you are getting a top ranking by just writing the content and publishing it on your website then it simply means the keywords you are working on have a less search volume and have low competition or none. If you are working on high competitive keywords and focus only on content then it might be difficult to rank those keywords without building niche specific and quality backlinks.

Sumit_Singh, May 31, 2022 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  7. binax.cloud

binax.cloud Peon

Best Answers:
    Even awesome and quality content needs external links to gain good positions in SERP, especially if you have a new site/domain.

binax.cloud, Jun 2, 2022 IP
  8. seobeena

seobeena Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Making good quality links through blog posting really matter.

seobeena, Jun 4, 2022 IP
  9. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go and try to rank for medium-hard keywords without links... I dare you.

You can't just waste all your time optimising and re-optimising your articles. You also need to work on links.
    1. If your content is really good and people can find it then they will share it on social media and forums... this way you get natural links. After it gets some traction it might be mentioned by bloggers.
    2. You can post yourself on forums (hard to post on really good ones) or try doing blogger outreach.

praetserge, Jun 4, 2022 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When your website is new, small, and getting very little traffic, new links to your website are very important to build traffic.

When your website is larger, filled with good content, and getting a lot of traffic, some of those many visitors will like your good content and will choose to link to it.

Case in point: when my new, nonprofit, informational website was small and getting about 400 visitors a month, I worked very hard at getting links. The site began to grow. Now that my website is larger, with over 500 evergreen articles in my niche, and receiving over 60,000 visitors a month, I do zero link building. I allow the website itself to do that with its desirable content.

Now I spend most of my work time (1) writing new content and (2) doing ON-page SEO (keywords, internal links, etc.).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    Jim4767, Jun 6, 2022 IP
  11. Azharuddin Sheikh

Azharuddin Sheikh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also follow your methods, but I notice that many experts have different types of thinking. We can notice many experts say link building is dead, but I would like to say that we can do content marketing, we can create profile links on good platforms where we are traveling, etc. I am happy to read your answer.

Azharuddin Sheikh, Jun 22, 2022 IP
  12. Kaloyan SEO

Kaloyan SEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, you have a good point, but link building is essential for successful SEO. It isn't necessary to SPAM to get good links.

Kaloyan SEO, Jun 22, 2022 IP
    Azharuddin Sheikh likes this.
  13. Kontala

Kontala Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing I managed to rank without links was a parasite. You can skip linkbuilding if you have a niche where your technical expertise matters but that's not what we do most of the time.

Kontala, Jun 24, 2022 IP
  14. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Links are essential but they are risky too. If it is not built naturally, you suffer huge penalty. Therefore, we should focus on creating content and building only good backlinks on authority website at a slow speed.

Now, internal links are the most important ranking factor. If you are just creating content, you are increasing authority of your website, building internal links that will result in good ranking, not only in Google, but also in other search engines including Bing, DDG etc.

alex06295, Jun 25, 2022 IP
  15. Kianihosting

Kianihosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are one of the main pillars of SEO and without them you are not going to rank in the niche of your choice.
    If you are inclined to make them yourself and the content as well, that is completely acceptable. Consider that you need to know what you're doing; know what kind of content you are posting and the domains where these links are built in need to have good standing themselves to have any effect on your page.
    Overall, cost to gain ratio when it comes to link building it's best to outsource it even when starting small.
    If you don't want to invest in that, there are always other ways of getting free visibility which are less time-consuming.

Kianihosting, Jun 26, 2022 IP
  16. Asikul Islam

Asikul Islam Peon

Best Answers:
    Well,
    Content is a great asset of a site. It can bring better results to your site. So need more time & attention in this regard.
    Thanks

Asikul Islam, Aug 7, 2022 IP
  17. sentarou

sentarou Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good luck positioning content without backlinks, the ideal is to strike a balance between quality content and quality links, if you focus on a single aspect the path to positioning is more complicated

sentarou, Sep 4, 2022 IP
  18. SimonGoding13

SimonGoding13 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO will be a great asset in your websites growth regardless of what you think

SimonGoding13, Sep 4, 2022 IP
  19. MargoFarrel

MargoFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely, content is very important for site ranking, but don't forget that building links is the most important thing in seo!

MargoFarrel, Sep 5, 2022 IP
  20. Pour Over

Pour Over Peon

Best Answers:
    Well everything goes hand in hand, you just cant ignore building links altogether. It might take forever for your content to be noticed in search if you just keep building content. Honest Opinion.

Pour Over, Sep 23, 2022 IP