1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top Gun - Maverick

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by jrbiz, Jun 17, 2022.

Over the weekend, did something that I rarely do: I went to a movie at a local cinema. Long story, but I had two free tickets to this latest Tom Cruise movie. I had seen the original Top Gun movie when it was new at the movies, way back when, and liked it, though I never watched it again. The new movie also was good and it was actually quite interesting to see a number of the original actors reprise their roles from the first movie, only decades later. My son went with me and was disappointed that the primary planes in the story were F-18's and not some new, super-cool fighter jet. I will say this: Tom Cruise looks really good for however old he is. My wife thinks plastic surgery may be the reason. :)

Especially if you are into military themed movies, this one is worth watching.

jrbiz, Jun 17, 2022 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Is the US preparing for another war? Those things normally come out at the time when they need more military personnel.

On a personal note, I don't like hollywood, I won't (try not to) support it in any shape or form.

I read many years ago he uses silicone face masks (sleeps with them on) that help smooth those wrinkles. Some Botox is possible too. I don't think he had plastic surgery.

qwikad.com, Jun 18, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Good question. I would not put it past the Swamp to try to start a war to distract us from its planned destruction of the country (funded by China, of course) The laughable Jan. 6 Committee hearings are doing nothing for them. And, most recent poll said that 70% of Republicans believe the election was stolen. I could not find a poll indicating what all voters think, but right after the election, I recall a majority of all Americans thought that it was stolen. I also suspect that they are not publishing the results of such a poll because they are afraid to admit what at least half the country thinks.

Hollywood celebrities are like spoiled children (who also know, deep down, that they do not deserve the money and adulation that is showered on them for mostly reading/performing others' words) and, generally, are not that bright. That was obvious to me since the 1980's with their hysteria over the great job that Reagan was doing. However, you would basically have to give up all entertainment (music, movies, TV, stage plays, etc.) to not support them, directly or indirectly. Over the decades, I have had to selectively forget about the ignorance and pathetic personal beliefs most actors and singers have.

Well, it worked. He was the star in the cockpit for the first movie in 1986 and managed to pull it off again in 2022, 36 years later! One of the interesting things about him, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Sylvester Stallone is how short they are in real life. It is only through the magic of cinematography that they appear taller than their leading ladies or equal in size to their colleagues/enemies, etc. Do you remember the Conan the Destroyer movie that also had Wilt Chamberlain in it? In their fight scene, Arnold and Wilt looked to be close to equals in size. If you have ever seen them in a picture together in real life, Arnold looks like a midget. It's comical, actually.

jrbiz, Jun 18, 2022 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. spiced

spiced Member

Best Answers:
    i haven't seen it but im a big aviation fan

spiced, Aug 2, 2022 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is still pulling in revenues from the box office (it was #4 in revenues over the weekend,) so that will delay its release to PPV, etc.

jrbiz, Aug 2, 2022 IP
  6. m38967

m38967 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to Box Office Mojo as of February 2023, Top Gun Maverick is in the top 15 Highest grossing films of all time - with 1.5 Billion at the US box office.

And yes! I seen it. Liked it. Prefer the original though.

m38967, Apr 23, 2023 IP
  7. Brent Govea

Brent Govea Peon

Best Answers:
    He definitely uses Botox for wrinkles, no silicone mask will give such an effect, Botox paralyzes the muscles, which allows you to get rid of wrinkles completely. Description:https://fillercloud.com/product/botox/.

Brent Govea, Aug 1, 2023 IP