1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie - Need Help with Basics

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GlitzNailsSpa, Mar 29, 2022.

First i will start off with saying i know completely NOTHING about SEO Marketing, Google...etc. I am looking for some help, guidance...etc and someone to let me know if i am getting scammed.

Background:
    My Wife owns a small business "Glitz Nails and Spa Clifton Park" in 12065 Zip (NY). My business was solely a nail salon in which i added esthetic services, Facials, Chemical Peels...etc. I tried to update my google business profile with these new services yet my business does not come up if someone searches Facials near me, Chemical Peels near me, any service i search for does not come up except the nails...etc.

I get a cold call from from a SEO Marketing company saying that they can fix this issue. WeblistingSolutions. I pay them $300 for what was described to me as key words...etc. Was told in a week my business will showup on google maps, company requested i send the keywords and pictures to them. Then a request to add them to google as our account manager. Done. I asked why it doesnt showup with the new services i added and was told i cant add those keywords, an SEO company has to.
    Ok, fast forward 2 weeks, still looks the same to me. Nothing i see different. You can search and check it for yourself searching my zip and the key words i said above. Or checkout the google listing. I receive a call again from this company https://broadleafseo.com/ saying they work together with WeblistingSolutions and i need to signup for their "Lotus program" $1000 start, give us the $300 credit from their partner company, and we decide on the $199 month plan (you can see the details at the link above).
    It has now been another week and i see no change.

My wife and I really dont know anything about this type of marketing type service and I am not sure if we are getting scammed or this is legit and it take many months. Maybe were nuts but all i would like is for our business to come up when someone search's for all the new services we provide. They are all listed on our google profile. If you search for Nails there is no problem. We purchased this business from a previous owner. I am just looking for some help and guidance as this is not our wheelhouse at all.

Thank you

Attached Files:

GlitzNailsSpa, Mar 29, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I would have suggested that the $300 would be well spent until they lied to you. Google doesn't care who adds them, but a professional company that does it all the time will be more efficient, just as I can paint my nails but you will do it better.

Your Google places listing is looking good and a search on nails clifton park shows that you have plenty of competition but you're at the top of the page with your website and your facebook page. Have you got Instagram too - it's good for arty services like nails.

I'd say that you're doing a good job all on your own.
    [​IMG]

This gave me a giggle:
    upload_2022-3-30_9-59-11.png

sarahk, Mar 29, 2022 IP
  3. GlitzNailsSpa

GlitzNailsSpa Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the compliment but what your seeing is only when someone searchs for Nails services. The business now does esthetics (Facials, chemical peels, lash lifts...etc) and none of those services show up if you search Facials Near me, Chemical Peels Near me...etc. We come up in Maps as you shown above when we search Nails Near me...reason why we are really confused and lost.

Also, i just logged into our business account and noticed someone deleted all the facial spa services and prices, recategorized the business as a Beauty salon (Google Says Pending changes). They left the nail services. So i added the facial spa category and services back, along with their costs but the business still says primary category Beauty salon. Again, there are 2 account managers listed with me as the primary owner.

I guess my simple question is. How do i get my business to come up in google when some searchs the services that we just added and not nails.

We do have instagram but google analytics show we get 6800 visitors a month vs our small following on facebook and IG. Noone knows we do anything but nails though. I am lost :(

GlitzNailsSpa, Mar 29, 2022 IP
  4. maganzimex

maganzimex Peon

Best Answers:
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mrjeremyhines_how-to-make-money-from-home-with-affiliate-activity-6907519362790498304-TPOn
    "Check out these strategies and commandments from The Affiliate Marketing Academy"

maganzimex, Mar 30, 2022 IP
  5. TimHillSEO

TimHillSEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know this is an old thread but I came across it while doing some research for a Local SEO course I'll be releasing later this year.

Several points that need addressing. One or all of them may be required to rank higher. I'll cover "Facials" only but you can rinse and repeat for other keywords:

ONE: None of your positive reviews mention "facials" and Google wants to list the best businesses offering "facials". Tricky to get but if you can get some customers to mention "facials" in their reviews this will be a big foot up (just look and who is ranking and their reviews which include this keyword).

TWO: You have no "facials" related images or updates. In the March 13 update you use "Esthetic Services". Try adding an update that specifically mentions "facials".

THREE: You mention facials in your listing description but its almost at the bottom. Hold that thought.

FOUR: You have inconsistency across the web in how you describe your business. This is affecting the results in the 'Web Results' part of your listing. Take the meta description of your website: "Glitz Nails & Spa is a full service Nail Salon & Spa. Specializing in Skin Care, Esthetics, Facials, Chemical Peels, Lash Lifts". This pretty good but push the keywords to the left: "Skin Care, Nails, Esthetics, Facials, Chemical Peels, Lash Lift treatments from Glitz Nails & Spa, a full service Nail Salon & Spa".

Do you need "Esthetics"? Do people search that? Possibly better to drop it but you will know better than me without some research.

Now - spread this across the web - The start of your Google listing description, your Facebook description, the description in Yelp, booking services, etc, etc. If Google sees it everywhere its going to give it more weight. Right now the inconsistency is undermining Google's confidence in who you are and what you do.

FIVE, while you get established update the Title on your website homepage to include "Facials". Again push the keywords to the left: "Facial Treatments, [other service], [other service] - Glitz Nails & Spa: Clifton Park - New York"

SIX - sort out the main/home page of your website. The Page Title does not even vaguely match the visible title of the page (currently "Esthetic Services / Nail ..."). Add text above this set to 'Heading 1' with the text "Facial Treatments, [other service] and [other service]". Now it's a close match.

Below this in normal text add the same text as your meta description. If you are passing something to Google in the code you it should be good enough for your visitors too ... and it will give Google more confidence in your meta description.

... and yes, you have been scammed. Never pay an SEO/SEM company to do anything if you don't at least understand the basics of what needs to be done. Especially a company that relies on cold calling.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    TimHillSEO, Jun 1, 2022 IP