1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review JoyFreak.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by joyfreak, Jun 6, 2020.

Please can you review my website https://www.joyfreak.com/

joyfreak, Jun 6, 2020 IP
  2. havrincedaniel

havrincedaniel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I visited your forum on mobile and I like the design since most forums do not use a mobile friendly design. I think the colors need a little bit more attention.
    Also I think the categories must have some subcategories

havrincedaniel, Jun 6, 2020 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the text's color contrast against the white background is far below accessibility minimums, and likewise the use of absurdly undersized fixed metric (px) fonts is an accessibility /FAIL/ at design.

Of course it's xenforo, so the code's a total wreck of non-semantic markup, endless pointless bandwidth wasting classes for nothing, and JavaScript doing things that are none of JavaScript's business. Hence the Home page alone being 40k of markup to deliver 2.2k of plaintext and not even a half dozen content media, not even 8k of HTML's job... to go with the painful to watch load 1.11 megabytes of "JS for nothing" spanning 23 separate files.

so yeah, it's got problems.

deathshadow, Jun 12, 2020 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Unreadable text. Overlapping content. Poor alignment of bottom links.

mmerlinn, Jun 12, 2020 IP
  5. joyfreak

joyfreak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've made a few changes since. Can you all take a look now and tell me what you think?

joyfreak, May 22, 2022 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Menu in CENTER of screen? Have never seen that before. Menus are usually left, right, top, or bottom - Not vertical down the center of the page.

Why is the left two thirds of the window empty? Why not put some of your content there instead of only in one column on the right?

Bottom links now ok. Top bar has some overlapping content.

Some text unreadable. Too small and not enough contrast.

Sign up page needs visible text boxes so we know where to enter our information. Needs a second "Password" box to confirm password was entered correctly. No idea what "Verification" info is needed. No way to submit sign up info.

Contact page needs visible text boxes, also. No idea what "Verification" means. Cannot find a box to fill in whatever verification that is needed. Contrary to the signup page, the contact page can be submitted.

The login page also needs visible text boxes. Guessing where to enter info sucks. And, again, this page can be submitted.

All links display consistent format throughout the site, EXCEPT for the "Forums" link. "Forums" posts are unreadable. Words should read left to right (the same as all other pages), not top to bottom.

The "Help" pages appear to be complete, and most importantly, appear to be grammar correct and spelling error free. At least no errors popped out at me and I am a grammar/spelling freak.

The cookies popup cannot be hidden unless a visitor is logged in. Are you trying to chase away potential users?

Things to do:
    1) Move the menus to the left margin.
    2) Quit wasting screen real estate - Use the whole screen, not just the right third.
    3) Fix the text issues
    4) Add visible text boxes to pages that need them.
    5) Add second password box to signup page.
    6) Clarify what is meant by "Verification."
    7) Fix overlapping content on top bar.
    8) Allow visitors to close the cookies popup.
    9) Add a "Submit" button to the signup page.

Since I cannot review what the site looked like last time I posted, I do not know how much improvement there is.

mmerlinn, May 22, 2022 IP
  7. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    The site is quite young. After all, I can see that the company is developing.

Gamerseo, May 23, 2022 IP