1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting a Indexed, not submitted in sitemap error in search console

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by tafguy, Apr 25, 2022.

I have been trying to get my site to appear on search, so I have been using Search console checking progress, now i'm noticing an error message Indexed, not submitted in sitemap. What does this mean and how do i resolve it?

tafguy, Apr 25, 2022 IP
  2. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    seomanualsubmission, Apr 25, 2022 IP
  3. Isoludopex

Isoludopex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create a sitemap following the instructions on the internet. Upload it to the root directory of your website and select Sitemaps in the search console and submit a link to your sitemap in the form <your-page>.com/sitemap.xml

Watch out for the slash at the end of the url in your sitemap. There is a difference between <your-page>.com/link and <your-page>.com/link/

Isoludopex, Apr 27, 2022 IP
  4. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    This message could be considered an error, but not always. It simply means that Google has indexed page or pages that you don't have in your sitemap. So the first question is if you have a sitemap. If not it means Google is finding and indexing your pages. If you do have sitemap, you need to check if everything you want indexed is there, not less or not more than that. And if you see that Google indexed pages you don't want to see in Google's index, then you may need to take other actions, other than creating / updating your sitemap.

Andrzej Wilczynski, May 10, 2022 IP
  5. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you include all your non-duplicate working real content URLs in your XML sitemaps. (If you can avoid it, and have a large website, I would try not adding superfluous thin content URLs.)

websitetools, Jul 4, 2022 IP
  6. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    Site is small and all URLs are in the sitemap. I only excluded few items, as they are functional pages with no content. Since I posted it Google indexed 71 pages out of 114, so big jump from 20 at the beginning. I hope this week it will index the rest. My main problem is that search results are showing links to content that does not exist for at least a year, even though all of it is now set up with 301 redirect. I took site over and it looks like previous developer did not do anything in regards to proper indexing. They also took over from someone, so this indexing goes back two developers back (original developer probably did work on proper setup for indexing).

I hope this just needs a bit more time.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Jul 4, 2022 IP
  7. warcha24

warcha24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi pls how i can see my sitemap in my blog warcha24 https://www.warcha24.com

warcha24, Dec 12, 2022 IP
  8. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    https://www.warcha24.com/sitemap.xml
    Code (markup):
    This is your sitemap. In wordpress its very easy to find sitemap. Just type sitemap.xml and get URL.

seomanualsubmission, Dec 12, 2022 IP