1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PHP Framework

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Kuribayori, Oct 30, 2021.

Guys who have tried the Laravel framework, is it worth starting to study it or is Yii2 better?

Kuribayori, Oct 30, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Do you want to go headless/jamstack or do you want an integrated CMS?

Laravel has a significant market share so if you're hoping to get a job that could be good. But then so could Gatsby and the other headless options.

What are your goals?

sarahk, Oct 31, 2021 IP
  3. SametAras

SametAras Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think CodeIgniter is best to start...

SametAras, Nov 4, 2021 IP
  4. jhonalbert

jhonalbert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's easy to start with CodeIgniter and then move to the Laravel.

jhonalbert, Apr 28, 2022 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like most posts in this section are a bit dated but since this received some recent attention I'll add my $.02 for future readers... In the PHP world if you are selecting a framework you should go with the most popular/mature/stable library. Why? Because you will find a solution to almost every problem encountered with a library that has been around the longest holding the majority of market share. You will also have the confidence that the library will continue to be regularly maintained, supported and upgraded for years to come. There will also be enough time spent battle testing the framework to ensure bugs and kinks are worked out. PHP has a LOT of significant frameworks available. However, Laravel is the most dominant with the most promising future. You should use Laravel and it should serve every use case purpose for you. No need to learn a second if you require use of a framework. They also have a buttered down version which is nice for API backend systems (Lumen?).

NetStar, May 27, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. adSellerMarketing

adSellerMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe wordpress is the most used and it will remain. It has a very large plugin/theme suite which speeds up the development, including security and performance improvement and debugging. It's also very easy to develop plugins / themes https://developer.wordpress.org/

adSellerMarketing, Nov 19, 2022 IP