1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need some marketing tips for my website called "Would You Do It For A Dollar?"

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Kuna, Apr 15, 2022.

I'm a developer, so I'm not good at marketing but I'm trying.

I came up with this, well stupid, idea. It's called "Would You Do It For A Dollar?". In simple terms: people can visit your profile and ask "would you ______ for a dollar?", like "chug a beer", "twerk for 30 seconds", "french kiss person X"... Then you fulfill the request and earn $1. Simple as that.

What I've tried so far:

- Post on Reddit, ProductHunt and Hackernews

- Cold emailing

- Ask people if they would like to include me in their newsletter

- Have in plan to start FB ads.

Currently I have 100 subscribers. Can you please give me more idea on how to promote it. (I'm aware of everything regarding this project, I don't want to change the concept or MVP, it is the way it is, I just need some marketing suggestions)

Kuna, Apr 15, 2022 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you need to try harder like being active on facebook groups , advertising on facebook ads ,quora related etc .Just think where you can find your audience

Spartan14, Apr 16, 2022 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TikTok video ads. This should be the obvious answer to anyone. I can think of dozens of entertaining short video ideas for this kind of thing...

cronik, Apr 16, 2022 IP
    sarahk and JEET like this.
  4. Kuna

Kuna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had an idea to pay TikTok influencers for some promo video

Kuna, Apr 26, 2022 IP
  5. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

Often time, just tweaking little things can have a major impact and knock on effect on others.

I do like the sound of your website and getting 100 subscribers is good but remember customer/subscriber retention is also vital as a customer is worth much more than the value of your first offer/sale/ etc so treat them well and do remember to engage with them.

Perhaps you might find some more insights for what you are looking for but from a totally different perspective in my blog post entitled Why Is My Marketing No Working?

Good luck and hope your subscriber list keeps growing :)

Harvey Wolf, Apr 26, 2022 IP