1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I abandon Google Analytics (GA4)?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jim4767, Mar 23, 2022.

Mid-level user here. One reviewer of the new GA4 Google analytics has said that parts of it are "a nightmare." I haven't yet migrated from my current Google Universal Analytics to GA4. Would I be wise just to drop Google's analytics products entirely and use, say, StatCounter? My data needs are fairly basic for my 54K sessions/month nonprofit website. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Jim4767, Mar 23, 2022 IP
  2. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GA4 is still in development phase and I am sure, we will see more features in the coming days. I recommend continuing with it. I am also using it for my blog.

iwebsocial, Mar 24, 2022 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine getting a more complete analysis than Google offers.

Oso Optimized, Mar 24, 2022 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    GA4 is definitely still in the experimental phase and they are still developing some features and reports here, so things won't be the same in the future as they are now. I agree that some elements are currently worse than universal analytics, and it's hard to adjust to the new version as reports are pretty messed up and you won't get the chance to see accurately the number of users that come to your site daily. But, I still wouldn't say that you or any of us should just give up on Google, there are some other analytical tools that you can use to track performances and activities on your site, and you could use them as well, but you should still keep an eye on Google Analytics as it still provides the most thorough data that can be helpful for understanding your audience and traffic sources better.

VortexAlpha, Mar 25, 2022 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.