1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I go about making a website related to stocks?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Aatma, Mar 12, 2022.

I am looking for a kind of clone of popular stocks and dividend stocks related websites. Some examples are investing dot com and trackyourdividends dot com. These websites use API calls and perhaps google sheets to pull available information about stocks from google finance, yahoo finance etc. I am looking for a site that populates stocks related data, not looking for articles on investing.
    How can I can get one such website created quickly? I am not sure where to start from? Can someone please advise?

Aatma, Mar 12, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There's bound to be a wordpress plugin that can display the stock feed from a supplier - you may need to pay for the feed but that's the tradeoff between good, fast, and cheap - you can only have 2 of those things.

sarahk, Mar 17, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarahk - Thanks for replying. I did come across one or two wp plugins but they are quite limited.

Aatma, Mar 20, 2022 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They'll be open source so you should be able to edit them, or use them for inspiration. It's good that what you want is more than others offer, it'll make your site more unique and useful.

sarahk, Mar 20, 2022 IP
  5. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think if you can find some good JSON feeds and import into Google Sheets, that would be a solid basis. Im thinking of creating a simple site along the same lines with approximately 10 filters. Do you want something that allows users to create their own portfolios? What would be a point of difference? Its going to be about presentation isnt it. You cannot compete with the majors offering a vast array of tools, but if you can settle on a neat presentation that appeals to people and its speedy, it might generate a following

Nerz, Apr 3, 2022 IP
  6. Ironfury

Ironfury Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have chosen quite complicated topic, because all the websites where is a financial data and many digits - are the most complicated and are created not just by ordinary people who acquired some skilsl at web developing by passing courses, but by those ones who really have an education in the related field.

You can either search for a good programmer in the internet or at freelancing platforms or apply to special companies which help people to create complicated websites. But, remember that it might quite expensive for you. Anyway, if you have an education in this field then just seek for a human who will help you to do what you need.

Ironfury, Jun 10, 2022 IP
  7. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can hire a freelancer to do it for you. Search for freelancers on Freelancer .com or Fiverr to see if they can create one for you. Tell them what you're looking to do and they may be able to help you.

Randall Magwood, Oct 17, 2022 IP