1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Discuss the Forums Signature Link.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Azharuddin Sheikh, Mar 8, 2022.

Dear friends, I joined some good forums and added a few signature links and added website links in my profile. I also checked that many people are using signature links. One of the experts said, "Google advises that forum signatures are ignored and can, in-extremis, result in penalties."

Then can we use our website links in signature and profile links? We are here for discussion and I hope you will give your good opinion on these things.

Azharuddin Sheikh, Mar 8, 2022 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I wonder if you're basing this on some old info. The way I see it is forum signatures are irrelevant to the search engines.

qwikad.com, Mar 9, 2022 IP
  3. Azharuddin Sheikh

Azharuddin Sheikh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, if we keep our signature link to our forum platforms, then can our website be penalised by search engines..? What are your thoughts on that...?

Azharuddin Sheikh, Mar 9, 2022 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't know if they will or not. What I do know is it won't accomplish what you're trying to accomplish. If you think that forum sigs will/can help you with SE rankings you're basing your thinking on some old info. They won't help you. So why bother spamming forums with sigs if it's not going to help your site rankings?

qwikad.com, Mar 9, 2022 IP
  5. Azharuddin Sheikh

Best Answers:
    Ok, forums' signature links are the past now. They won't help with search engine ranking. But if we want to generate a few leads or traffic through forums, then can we keep signature links in forums? I am asking because many experts still use signature links. I think they know it won't help for ranking, but it may be possible that it will help for a few leads or traffic..

I also visited your profile and saw you are also using a link in your forum signature. I am hoping you will give me good advice on this.

6. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    The very first thing forum signatures won't harm your website as most of the webmasters or other forums are shut down. And, some of the forums that are active gives you nofollow links so there is no harm to the website, but if you are doing it for SEO then you are on the wrong platform. Signature links from forums have no SEO benefits.

Sumit_Singh, Mar 9, 2022 IP
  7. Azharuddin Sheikh

Best Answers:
    OK, it will not help with SEO. Then, it will help with generating leads and traffic..? Why are you using a signature link?

8. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    It is not for SEO purposes but it is for telling others about my company or about me where I am working (if they wanna visit my company website so he/she can).

Sumit_Singh, Mar 10, 2022 IP
  9. Azharuddin Sheikh

Best Answers:
    Okay, So you have put this link so that people will know which company you work for; if they want to visit your website, they can go, and it may be possible here.If they find anything important on your website, then they will contact you, So this may be benefits for us.

Azharuddin Sheikh, Mar 10, 2022 IP
  10. Sumit_Singh

Best Answers:
    Yes

Sumit_Singh, Mar 10, 2022 IP
  11. Azharuddin Sheikh

Best Answers:
    Okay dear, your answer is yes, and also, I have checked that many people are using signature links through the above points. So, if they can do it, then I can also do it. A signature link does not help SEO for a website, but it is a platform where people will know about our website.

Azharuddin Sheikh, Mar 10, 2022 IP
  12. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't think this is something that applies now, as many different companies and individuals are using signature links on different forums and are getting great results. I don't even see how it could be penalized when forums are giving this option to its users and this is usually a paid option so you even have to invest something for your signatures to be shown around different forum threads. I personally use them and didn't have any issues yet, and I don't expect to see them in the future as well.

VortexAlpha, Mar 11, 2022 IP
  13. Azharuddin Sheikh

Best Answers:
    Really, I think So, as you mentioned above, I notice that forums are also strong platforms where people come here to discuss and provide their advice. We can get good advice from different kinds of people on what to do, but we should take care of what other people say. When I discuss another platform, one of the experts told me Google will penalise my website. If you are using a signature link and when I checked their profile, they were also using a signature link.

Azharuddin Sheikh, Mar 11, 2022 IP