1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please give feeback and review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by flaminbo, Jan 22, 2022.

Hi guys, thanks for taking a moment to have a look at my site. I am eager to see your feedback on https://gtmemes.com

flaminbo, Jan 22, 2022 IP
  2. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Your site structure and design hurt my eyes and aesthetic sense.
    Sorry

mayazir, Feb 7, 2022 IP
  3. flaminbo

flaminbo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your feedback. I will see if i can take some steps to improve

flaminbo, Feb 7, 2022 IP
  4. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your site is awesome but it's slow, I am not sure if the problem is from my internet connection or your site.

But overall, awesome.

Would you be interested in collaborating? I also have a memes site, PicturePunches. It would be great if we could exchange ads. My site gets about 50 unique users per day, and even more some days.
    Please let me know if you are interested. This could benefit us both :)

FarrisFahad, Feb 11, 2022 IP
    flaminbo likes this.
  5. flaminbo

Best Answers:
    Sure man, DM me your info and i will get back to you after work tonight.

flaminbo, Feb 11, 2022 IP
  6. Anders Larsson

Anders Larsson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Anders Larsson, Feb 11, 2022 IP
  7. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    It is not a question of the template. He just have no idea how to setup a website.
    99% of WP users buy and download nice designed themes and then converted them into shit.
    Why does he need another theme if all he needs to do is add some CSS lines and edit images before uploading them?
    Bad presented images look horrible.
    Nothing will help this site until the site owner would start dedicate more time to his work.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    mayazir, Feb 11, 2022 IP
  8. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    I have a bunch of websites on WP and for every website I have its own fixed dimension for image files and visual standard.
    I also always check all H tags, to be sure all font sizes will be the right size because on most occasions the theme author has no idea about UI and design.
    I am also not a designer, but e all have different tastes, I talk about the layout and structure, fixed image size, all padding, and margins.
    I check all elements and check every pixel in responsive modes.
    It takes a lot of time, but later all sites look aesthetically good.
    Most "site builders" just download a free or paid WP theme, active it and think "voila". It is not good.
    You need always keep the same dimension for every uploaded image. You have to edit every image to be sure you still following the same design, style, and standard as all previously uploaded images.
    There is no bad theme, there is only dan user, who wants all in just 1 click.
    It is possible to make a very attractive site from a free WP theme, and also possible to make a shit from a nice paid WP theme.
    Just work with CSS.
    You must know how to present your website in the most attractive way, and not upload blur or badly cut images.

mayazir, Feb 11, 2022 IP
  9. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not very bad website ... as you are saying here. Need to manage some color combination to make it more attractive.
    As you are defining all things .... means you have good experience, so you can suggest him few CSS or heading ideas to make his website more attractive. Actually he is looking for feedback and you are defining all that how user download WP theme and make them poor :D:D.

seomanualsubmission, Feb 11, 2022 IP
  10. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    I said the truth. He wanted feedback and opinion, he got it.
    I didn't say just "I don't like it", I also specify enough points to check and work on them.
    He doesn't need to search for another theme or buy a paid one.
    He just needs to work with CSS, and the most important thing - he must edit every image before uploading it.
    I can't do it for him.
    I see just a very dark page, I barely differ between the body background color, content area background color, and the grid element areas.
    All the same tone.

PS: And my comment was not exactly for the OP, but for the previous commenter, who suggested searching for another WP theme.

mayazir, Feb 11, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  11. flaminbo

Best Answers:
    Thanks man this is the sort of feedback i need. Its not that i dont care, i am just a noob when it comes to this. And i also work a shit load to as a cook. Thanks for the valuable feedback and i will work on some of those thing you mentioned to improve it even more. I appretiate valuable and experienced people giving me ideas in that way on improvements i can make. Appreciate your insights bro

flaminbo, Feb 11, 2022 IP
  12. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are abusing H tags to set font sizes, you are using H tags wrong. H tags are for HEADERS and ABUSING them creates an inaccessible page for sightless user agents. Saying things like this set off @deathshadow alarm bells.

mmerlinn, Feb 12, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  13. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    I don't abuse anything, I change all H tags sizes because they are too big in most cases.
    I just reduce all H tags and font size or keep the main font size and reduce only H tags.

Some of my posts on different sites (check all H tags and fonts):

All my posts and sites always look aesthetically well.
    And on my sites only I decide the font size, color, and the space between lines, and I don't care if Google or somebody else doesn't like it.
    My sites = my rules.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    mayazir, Feb 12, 2022 IP
  14. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not going to go through all four sites, but universally they all are accessibility GARBAGE on your font-sizes, since you've used absurdly undersized PX metrics, typically 14 or 15px. All those pixels result in broken accessibility since its' not elastic (EM) measured.

As you the use of numbered headings, you've got a giant middle finger to usability and accessibility by not having a proper H1 as the heading that ALL content on ALL pages of the site are a subsection of, starting out documents with H5, missing heading depths by jumping from H1 to H3, having H1 doing H2's job, jumping from h3 to H6, etc, etc. It is painfully apparent you don't know what H1..H6 even are, much less are for.

Take that pueblacity site:
    [​IMG]

But that's just typical of what happens when you get turdpress templates from whorehouses like themeForest or TemplateMonster and blindly trust that their chazerei is any good because you're neither a designer or front-end developer. 99% of their garbage is incompetent scam artist bullshit that just saddles you up and takes you for a ride.

Thus how you end up with absurdly undersized fixed metric fonts, goofy bandwidth wasting animated crap that just pisses off users, illegible colour contrasts like white-on-lime green, or green on dark green, broken alternative navigation, broken attempts (if any) at being properly responsive, elastic, or semi-fluid, lack of proper width restriction to make flow content digestible, multi-megabyte page-loads of 60+ files making sure at least half your traffic has to be "bounce", 140k of that being bloated incompetently built gibberish HTML for what? 17k of plaintext and five content media -- not even 28k of HTML's flipping job?

/FAIL/ at the most basic of web development.

deathshadow, Feb 13, 2022 IP
  15. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    My sites = my rules.
    Only I can decide all font sizes, colors, and space between lines.
    If you, Google, and somebody else doesn't like my font selection, it is only your problem.
    The internet is big, search for alternative sites with fonts according to your taste, 2 lines of content, and ads all around the page.
    And I do have traffic, listed previously sites are new or early abandoned and now I start working on them again, most of my active sites get 7k-20k daily organic traffic. Mostly from Google.
    And I don't download and blindly set up a WP theme, the site you checked and took as an example, from the original author theme, has only the menu bar, the rest is my own modification, I removed all entire DIVs from most php files, keeping only menu bar.
    BTW, my posts have an average of 1500 word texts, all short posts are still in development.
    My H tag selection has more logic than your weird conclusion, each element has its fixed kind of font and I don't plan to ad H2 tag to the source below the text if the text itself still doesn't have titles.
    I freely jump from H1 to H6 if I decide it is reasonable.
    If you don't see some of the color combinations, I suggest you check your sight, for sure you have daltonism, because I see very clearly everything and no need to read white on lime color because it is only for active menu button and you don't need to read it after you click on it.

BTW despite all your claims, the Puebla site is on the 3rd page of the search results with "puebla city" and on the 1st page with a few other search requests and 3-5 daily organic visitors. And the site is only 1,5 months old and 90% of the content is still not original and still short enough

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    mayazir, Feb 13, 2022 IP
  16. mike30

mike30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I liked the site and colors. Tried to sign up at the forum and kept displaying "Please fill the recaptcha" which i didn't see any recaptcha to fill after a couple of attempts. As I said, the site looks good to me!

mike30, Feb 13, 2022 IP
  17. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So, you are one of those drivers that 1) drives on the wrong side of the streets, 2) blows stop lights and stop signs, 3) does 65mph in school zones, and so on. Sure hope you are nowhere around me since you seem to think that the RULES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU.

mmerlinn, Feb 13, 2022 IP
  18. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Design of my home, wall colors, and furniture style is my own business.
    And yes, if somebody doesn't like it, you are just not welcomed in my home.
    I use all H tags correctly and all my sites get traffic.
    I don't have to follow rules set up by a small group of people who have no idea what exactly they want, and on which they based their rules.

H1 - the post/page title
    H2 - the 2nd post title, which sometimes just can be absent just because the post doesn't need the 2nd title
    H3 - secondary title, usually when I list some options, like sightseeing objects, etc
    H4 - is used for the next deep level of the content, which I usually don't have or use a list or the tag STRONG (wight: 500 in CSS)
    H5 - the next level which I also don't need in my posts
    H6 - reserved for mark source of the content, for "share it" title, for the copyright line after the footer

I follow my own logical rules described above and for me, it is enough.
    You always can leave my sites and search for another ones with fonts according to your taste and with ads over each free space, including header

mayazir, Feb 13, 2022 IP
  19. flaminbo

Best Answers:
    lol wow this thread has gone way off topic lol... its some good and funny reading though boys lol

flaminbo, Feb 13, 2022 IP
  20. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So basically you're the narcissistic sociopath screaming "me me me, f*** everybody else" having likely never even HEARD of the "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines?". Never having even read the most basic RULES of using HTML or CSS properly? Unaware that if you pull half the stunts I outlined on actual business websites you're increasingly likely to get your tuchas dragged into court for violating laws like the US ADA, UK EQA, Canada's SWA, the EU's EAW and WAD?

There are standards of accessibility minimums, and rules for using HTML. No, you do NOT get to play "but muh freedumb" with them telling users with accessibility needs -- or even just normal people -- to go plow themselves. You do NOT get to ignore the HTML specification, the semantic meaning of HTML tags, or the WCAG to go follow your own half-tweet nose-breathing made up bullshit "rules"!

Particularly if you ever want to do actual work with other people.

Because of course the W3C, Browser makers, non-visual UA makers, and 25 years of agreement on the topic, and multiple worldwide laws are "a small group".

I might have problems and disagreements with how the W3C does things, but the core semantic rules have served us well for decades, and ignorant GIBBERISH like this:

Is just bending yourself over the table.

Your H1 (singular) is supposed to be THE (singular) headING (singular) that everything on every page of a site is a subsection of. H2 marks the start of major subsections of the page, the first H2 marking the start of the main content if you don't use MAIN. H3 mark the start of subsections of the one started by the H2 preceding it, H4 is the start of a subsection preceding it, do I really need to explain H5 and H6?

And this is important because that's what non-visual UA's use as navigable landings. Screen readers, braille readers, even search engines care about this, and many will up and give up on your pages if you do not follow this pattern! That's why tools like the "Web developer toolbar" has the outline I screencapped, and the official W3C HTML validation tool now has the ability to generate it as well!

LEARN something about HTML before flapping your yap with fairy tale "screw everyone who isn't me" BS!
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/Heading_Elements#accessibility_concerns

Otherwise you just sound like a mental furball.

Same for legible colour contrasts. The human eye has sensitivities to different light wavelengths, and failing to maintain certain contrasts can even penalize otherwise normally sighted users. White on lime-green, white on sky blue, etc, etc. That's why the WCAG has RULES to follow so you aren't telling your users to f*** off! And why we have tools -- like the excellent one at WebAIM -- to run your colour choices past.

https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

Same as font sizes, where declaring everything in PX can send users diving for the zoom when they don't have to, mated to a responsiveness ranging from broken to none, telling large swaths of potential users you just don't give a shit about them. That's why we're all supposed to be using EM, not PX. For font sizes, for widths, for padding and margins. The moment you see "font-size:15px" or something of that nature, you are looking at the most pesky 3i of web development: Ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude.

But apparently that means nothing compared to your repressed superego and id run amok. I know a number of prosecutors who would LOVE to rake you over the coals should you pull those stunts on a "real" business website.

Don't believe me? Ask how well that's worked out for Domino's, Beyonce, Faux News, Blue Apron, Netflix, and the hundreds of banks, medical facilities, and government agencies who've cost themselves billions the past decade for websites just as BROKEN as yours. The clock is ticking.

deathshadow, Feb 14, 2022 IP