1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Novak Djokovic won't play in Australian Open after visa appeal denied in court

Discussion in 'Sports' started by qwikad.com, Jan 16, 2022.

If you were playing in Australian Open, as one of the contenders, would you:

1. Walk away in solidarity with Novak Djokovic

2. Stay

qwikad.com, Jan 16, 2022 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are expecting sports celebrities (or any entertainer, for that matter) to do anything other than worry about themselves or do anything more than empty virtue signaling, you are in for a big disappointment. Look at all of the athletes lining up for the Genocide Olympics in murderous China. No different with tennis players.

jrbiz, Jan 16, 2022 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I guess people have changed drastically over the last 20-30 years. I wouldn't be surprised if the athletes boycotted the tournament or the country back then. Nobody is going to watch that silly show now.

qwikad.com, Jan 16, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That is where the real boycott needs to come from: the fans. Athletes/entertainers are not rocket scientists, anyway. My (admittedly limited) experience with entertainers and professional athletes is that they have a particular physical talent, but not much in the way of anything else, including intelligence. They are basically sheep, like the low-information masses, that will follow the false narratives put out there by the corrupted media.

jrbiz, Jan 16, 2022 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Novak/Novax chose this fight. He could have protected his earning ability and his ability to roam the world as he pleases but he chose a different path.

He, obviously, felt there were serious risks associated with getting vaxxed but has failed to appreciate that, for him, there are serious consequences to not getting vaxxed.

He's weighed up his choices and has taken a punt in trying to "work the system". His deportation means he can't return to Australia for 3 years - potentially meaning the 34yo never plays in the Australian Open again.

People have put together a timeline from December of his testing +ve and then going out and doing public events which means he's a potential liability. The state of Victoria had over 200 days in lockdown last year, I suspect they're sick of making sacrifices while the rich flaunt their privilege.

sarahk, Jan 16, 2022 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the problem: Someone being vaxxed or unvaxxed has zero effect on anyone but that specific person, himself or herself. It is bad science for Australia to think that an international traveller being vaxxed is less "dangerous" to let into their country than one who has not been. Vaxxed people catch covid as frequently as non-vaxxed and have similar viral loads (i.e., transmissibility) as non-vaxxed. What that means is that the vaxxed are just as likely to have the virus and to pass it along to others. No benefit to others from being vaxxed. Here is a report from October:

"A new study from the University of California, Davis, Genome Center, UC San Francisco and the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub shows no significant difference in viral load between vaccinated and unvaccinated people who tested positive for the delta variant of SARS-CoV-2. It also found no significant difference between infected people with or without symptoms."

https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covi...ar-between-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-people

jrbiz, Jan 16, 2022 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    OMG Australia didn't change their immigration policies based on that study! How incredibly remiss of them!

sarahk, Jan 16, 2022 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, the Ozmonians are still letting the virus in via the vaxxed. Probably too late now to shut down all inbound travel, so they might as well face the fact that fighting the virus is a losing battle.

mmerlinn, Jan 16, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is much more than one study and from a variety of recognized researchers. Of course, the science goes against the political narrative of fear and control, so the low-information types would have little knowledge of them:

UK study finds vaccinated people easily transmit Delta variant in households
    https://www.reuters.com/business/he...transmit-delta-variant-households-2021-10-28/

Viral Dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 Variants in Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Persons
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2102507

Vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals have similar viral loads in communities with a high prevalence of the SARS-CoV-2 delta variant
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.31.21261387v1

All of these studies and research papers are clear: Vaxxed and Unvaxxed all catch the virus at the same rates, carry the same viral load, and transmit it to others at the same rates. There do not seem to be any conflicting studies showing otherwise. So, anyone who does not have their head in the sand or an agenda of fear and control should be following the science. No excuse for governments to ignore these facts and institute policies based on bad science. Unless, of course, they have ulterior motives and a clueless, panicked citizenry.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    jrbiz, Jan 17, 2022 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ...yes but vaccinated less likely to get as sick and less likely to be in hospital and less likely to die. Plenty of studies and real world experiences show that.

Agent000, Jan 17, 2022 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My point is that not allowing this tennis player into the country because he is unvaccinated and that will protect its citizens from virus spread is bad science.

jrbiz, Jan 17, 2022 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  12. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He might have trouble attending other tournaments if other countries insist on all arrivals being fully vaccinated

SpacePhoenix, Jan 17, 2022 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    that just triggers the "two wrongs don't make a right" argument but since I've been slurred as a "low information type" I'm done with this.

sarahk, Jan 17, 2022 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Despite having been the target of a snarky, condescending and totally misinformed post that resulted in my follow-up post regarding "low information types," I will continue to participate. :)

jrbiz, Jan 18, 2022 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    During last years two for one sale, among the models I purchased was the High Information Model tinfoil hat. I recommend it to everyone here, as it works.:cool:

Spoiltdiva, Jan 18, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. flaminbo

flaminbo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really care alot about celebs or sports stars really.

That being said, i think alot of the restrictions we are facing in these troubled times are getting kind of out of control, well in the country where i live they are anyway (Canada).
    Personally i could care less if someone wants to get the vaccine(s), or even wear a mask. Ya i chose to get the jab, and i will wear my bandana when going into public places where there are
    alot of people.

I don't see the point in making someone elses life miserable though, when they are simply doing their job. If you are against both the jab and the mask thats fine, but aim your displeasure at the right people.

flaminbo, Jan 18, 2022 IP
  17. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Florida is quite sane compared to the rest of the country. Neither vaccinations nor masks were mandated (with some exceptions). The last time I wore a mask was on a local train ride, which felt funny, because you can take that train to Disney and walk around without a mask with thousand of other mask-less visitors from all over the country / world.

qwikad.com, Jan 18, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. flaminbo

flaminbo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am hoping the mask mandates here come to an end before to much longer. This new variant they keep pushing for a healthy person isnt much worse then a cold. I wear one simply because i wont harrass someone working in service, as i am a service worker myself, and would prefer it didnt happen to me. Lets hope the world goes back to some sort of normal soon. Glad things are alot more relaxed there for you guys.

flaminbo, Jan 18, 2022 IP
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We are talking quite seriously about planning our next vacation and Florida is in the mix because if its "sanity." That said, we are not likely going anywhere until there are no masks on airplanes. I cannot imagine sitting in that stuffy, cramped, and totally uncomfortable tube for hours with a mask on to boot.

You have always been an astute buyer and a real trend-setter.

jrbiz, Jan 18, 2022 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.