1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate meta description

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jaihanu, Nov 27, 2021.

Hello- The screenshot below shows I have 8 pages with duplicate descriptions. Can you please help me with how to resolve this issue? It's coming from the Shopify theme that I'm using.
    Please see the example link below.
    upload_2021-11-28_0-54-1.png

jaihanu, Nov 27, 2021 IP
  2. shalom_m

shalom_m Member

Best Answers:
    Well, your description tags are identical:

<meta name="description" content="Looking for a recipe? Discover your favorite food organic recipes , cooking ideas and how-to videos, whether it be an organic chicken recipes, or crock pot recipes, or health organic recipes, we have them all. Try them all today!">
    HTML:
    Here is a site/page that tells you how to alter Meta Tags https://avada.io/shopify/docs/set-title-and-description.html

BTW, Your descriptions are also too long. Google, Bing and other search engines will either truncate your descriptions (not that bad) or (far worse) substitute their own descriptions instead.

Remember:
    • Keep your title tags between 30 and 60 characters (including spaces and punctuation)
    • Keep your Meta description length between 120 – 158 characters (including spaces and punctuation)
    I know that, at times, this can be very frustrating – it is well worth the effort in the long run.

shalom_m, Nov 28, 2021 IP
  3. impactbnd09

impactbnd09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Semrush is sometime unpredictable. Try to check each pages and do the necessary changes

impactbnd09, Dec 1, 2021 IP
  4. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try to check descriptions manually inside of CMS to see if there are really so many duplicates? As if you're using some analytics tool to analyze this, it can report some mistakes that in reality don't exist. So, see things for yourself, and you can even make adjustments if needed.

VortexAlpha, Feb 14, 2022 IP