1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Graphic Design Student

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Jason Seelal, Mar 23, 2021.

Hey guys!,
    I'm an LA Film School student, currently on my first month. The past 3 weeks have been all intro but I'm very excited for the months to come. I've been doing graphic design already as a hobby for the last 4+ years and I think I made the right move getting a degree. I just wanted to know if anyone had any tips for me as an incoming graphic designer. Is there anything I should maybe practice, or maybe anything that could save me from a future headache? I'd love to hear what you think.
    Thank you!

Jason Seelal, Mar 23, 2021 IP
  2. Hafeez_CreativeHead

Hafeez_CreativeHead Peon

Best Answers:
    You do more practice and create attractive portfolio to show to client that will help for your career. Thank you!

Hafeez_CreativeHead, Sep 24, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Look at the type of work that would make you happy. It could be as simple as making up ads for a company - think car yards where the ads are always changing to doing whizz-bang graphics for an expensive app/website.

I just discovered rive.app and it seems an amazing tool but I wouldn't know where to begin sourcing graphics to use with it. You could promote yourself as the person to make them.

And then there's everything in between. You might be happy doing lots of "gigs" for different people or you might prefer to have a handful of clients who give you steady work, even if it gets a bit dull.

woops, didn't see this thread was so old. Hopefully this will still be helpful.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    sarahk, Sep 24, 2021 IP
  4. juegagerman

juegagerman Peon

Best Answers:
    try to work even for free just to gain experience
    good luck, man

juegagerman, Nov 18, 2021 IP
  5. lyluche

lyluche Peon

Best Answers:
    you should nourrish your visuals; watch tutorials and work of others and try working for free in order to get experience and be recomended after that

lyluche, Jan 29, 2022 IP
  6. lizzieswellness

lizzieswellness Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create more, and improve everyday. It should help you a lot!

lizzieswellness, Jun 26, 2022 IP
  7. Ziporal Morris

Ziporal Morris Banned

Best Answers:
    That sounds like an exciting opportunity! I'm sure you'll get a lot out of the program. As far as tips go, I would recommend staying up to date on the latest trends in graphic design. It's also important to keep an open mind and be willing to try new techniques - you never know what might work for a particular project. Finally, it's always a good idea to build a portfolio of your work so that potential employers can get a good idea of your skills.

Good luck!

Ziporal Morris, Apr 5, 2023 IP
  8. Flowzai

Flowzai Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As a graphic design student, focus on:
    1. Mastering design software (Adobe Creative Cloud).
    2. Building a strong portfolio.
    3. Keeping up with industry trends.
    4. Embracing critique.
    5. Networking with peers and professionals.
    6. Developing a keen eye for design.
    7. Time management and adaptability.
    These key points will help you succeed in your graphic design journey. Good luck!

Flowzai, Oct 14, 2023 IP