1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you market/advertise a new social media site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JEET, Jun 29, 2021.

1. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @JEET

It still goes back to what the visitors want. If they will only visit an app that has put lipstick on a pig, then you will definitely need lipstick on your app to compete with the pigs.

That being the case, it will behoove you to get feedback from REAL users that use your site. Not sure how you can do that, but soliciting feedback from your users and keeping THEM happy is the best way to grow your user base.

mmerlinn, Jul 4, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @mmerlinn
    I agree with every word you wrote!
    I will get some feedback from non-webmasters also.

JEET, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @JEET,

I see you changed your registration page for the better.

However, after examining it more closely I see two other problems.

1) "Make sure its valid." should be, "Make sure it's valid."

2) When I click on "Use Dark Theme" it takes me there, which is cool, but there is no way to get back the "Light Theme."

mmerlinn, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @mmerlinn
    Thanks for letting me know this. Theme switch is working now. Also changed those words on login page.

JEET, Jul 4, 2021 IP
  5. Robard

Robard Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is your target audience for the social media? Research where they currently reside, whether it's Tik Tok, Instagram or even Twitter. If you cand find out where your target audience lives online then that's already half the battle!

Robard, Jul 16, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. carinapars

carinapars Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the parameters that must be considered before formulating a strategy for any business is market research. You can visit our site. :)
    https://behinekavan.com

carinapars, Jul 17, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Robard
    Thanks, most of my target audience is on twitter.

JEET, Jul 17, 2021 IP
  8. Robard

Robard Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem, see how they usually act on twitter and see if you can research their demographic behavior, that'll give you big clues as to what appeals to them and what will get their attention :).

Robard, Jul 20, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestion

JEET, Jul 24, 2021 IP
  10. Psymargiotta

Psymargiotta Peon

Best Answers:
    Search Engine Optimization, campagne pay-per-click, Social Media Marketing, newsletter e blogging activities are among the main activities useful for advertising effectively. You need to update your content, Google doesn't care about design to increase traffic to your site rather they need quality articles with keywords that highlight your business. Try taking a look at this article it might help you : https://www.psymargiotta.it/lo-psicologo-digitale/

Psymargiotta, Jul 25, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there, Twitter is great. First and foremost, you need to provide value. Your customers (potential or otherwise) want to know 'what's in it for me,' but they don't want to know what you want them to know (if you know what I mean!). Many people are on social media to catch up with family and friends about what's happening in the world and engage, so the more engaging your posts, funny, inspirational, informative they are the better, basically keep an eye on what gets the most shares, likes, and retweets, that will give a good idea of what's actually working (and what's not). I did a blog post a few months back on why marketing might not be working and suggestions and tips on what you can do going forward which you are welcome to. https://jbs786.com/why-is-my-marketing-not-working

There are many places you can market and you would be surprised many are free! Hope the post helps. :)

Harvey Wolf, Jul 25, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  12. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Harvey Wolf
    That was an excellent read on the blog. Gives one really something to think about.

That "value" thing you mentioned, I totally understand that, and that is also my major problem.
    I know why twitter became popular in my country. Because celebs and TV media houses created polls there and they drove people to twitter. I think these people were paid by twitter back then, or probably did it out of competition, am not sure.
    But this was how twitter got its foot in my country. Its reach is not much compared to fb.

What can I do to get these same media houses to send their twitter users to my site, or may be people come to my site on their own.
    That's my biggest question now.
    There is no way I can pay celebs or big media houses...

JEET, Aug 1, 2021 IP
  13. 9xlinux

9xlinux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @JEET
    Twitter was one of the unfamous media at start, even people can't understand what is twitter for. Then due to political usage for announcement purpose its becomes popular. The educated people use twitter and isntagram. but still its no good for marketing. For marketing purpose the instageam is the best media.

9xlinux, Aug 2, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  14. jessicaherron9

jessicaherron9 Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Social Media Platform for Marketing.

jessicaherron9, Nov 16, 2021 IP
  15. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Could try to do some influencer marketing here if you can invest in that, would be very profitable for sure. You could also do it through forums, advertising options that you find here (link banners, sticky threads, email blasts...). Can also check out some Viber or WA groups related to this topic, think they wouldn't have an issue in advertising some new social network.

VortexAlpha, Dec 15, 2021 IP