1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.Link domain name

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by arrisweb, Oct 11, 2021.

Hello,

I am looking for a domain for a new website. Unfortunately, I can't find the .com domain (only expired).
    Do you think that a domain with .link extension makes sense? I haven't seen such a domain anywhere in google results.

arrisweb, Oct 11, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Google isn't going to care, it's down to how it will be perceived by visitors and the quality of the site.

sarahk, Oct 11, 2021 IP
    Đặng Văn Bình likes this.
  3. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest looking for a domain with .com extension. Maybe I am wrong, but I associate most of the other extensions with scams, iffy sites and spam. I know you can get all sorts of domains, but original extensions including ".com" and ".net" seem to be the best. Depending on what you are looking for you may find a good domain for a reasonable price on the domain after market. Of course this is a general advise as in some cases different extension could be a good solution. And as per note from the above poster. Google does not care, but people may see other extensions as suspicious. I do see them this way.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Nov 8, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course .com domains are better in Google, Yahoo, Bing big eyes and humans loves .com too. Simply I can't find a good .com domain. It is 2021 year now all .com domains are registered or expired with lot of spam links. I hope that Google and other search engines will at least like the page with .link domain. Unless I use a time machine?

arrisweb, Nov 11, 2021 IP
  5. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    I regularly buy domains for my clients and there is always something I can find. But I agree it is much more difficult, especially if you have something very generic in mind.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Nov 11, 2021 IP
  6. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    You can use the whenever domain name as you want, it won't make any real difference for algorithms, just take care about user experience and how your visitors would react to different domain names, as they usually trust more to the ones that are named after the company or brand.

VortexAlpha, Jan 11, 2022 IP