1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forget about Seo

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Spartan14, May 31, 2020.

Forget about seo ! Many people start with blogging with the wrong mindset .They write 2 or 3 articles and then they focus so much on ranking these articles that they forget about the purpose of blogs .The purpose of blogs its to give to people content that serves them .If you serve people then SEO will follow and will give you what you deserve .I dont say that trying to rank its wrong but the most importnt thing its to try to create content that its valuable and bring value to people .If people loves your content be sure that search engines will love you also

Spartan14, May 31, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Even before you focus on content people need to be asking themselves if they have the knowledge and passion to be writing on that subject every week for years. They need to find out what people want to know that they're not getting from other blogs and how they can meet that need. The best writing in the world by someone unknown isn't going to get far if you're not saying anything new or different.

sarahk, May 31, 2020 IP
    NeoWebs and Jim4767 like this.
  3. Mahmood Raza

Mahmood Raza Peon

Best Answers:
    This is the truth that people start blogging without passion and all the focus on SEO. Content is king and, therefore, you should first focus on content and then think about SEO. You should write the content that adds value.

Mahmood Raza, Jun 27, 2020 IP
  4. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree strongly with sarahk's emphasis on the importance of having "the knowledge and passion to be writing on that subject every week for years." If the writer doesn't have that, he/she will just be adding to the mostly worthless stuff on the internet.

Jim4767, Jun 28, 2020 IP
    NeoWebs and sarahk like this.
  5. surfer30

surfer30 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes. True. learn the basics of SEO, tweak your articles for search engines and then focus on social media and guest posting. SEO takes so much time. it is better to target long tail keywords and you need to get a paid tool to know which keywords have low volume.

surfer30, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  6. srarlievs1122

srarlievs1122 Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people do get a little hung up on SEO at times at the expense of the quality of their contents. Still, it is important. It's all about balance, I think. Produce awesome contents that will actually be useful to the readers and then SEO the snot out of them. It just makes sense to do this, even if you can only post like a few times a week.

srarlievs1122, Jun 29, 2020 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Some good thoughts there to consider. I've written and posted about 500 articles on my website over the past 16 years. I say with humility that I do have expertise in my field (graduate degree), and about 1,400 visitors come to the nonprofit, informational website's articles each day. BUT...I actually spend more time doing SEO on those 500 articles than I spend creating them. On a typical day I might devote 2-3 hours doing just SEO. That's plenty for my age (77). Must leave time for those senior naps!

Jim4767, Jun 29, 2020 IP
    Oso Optimized and sarahk like this.
  8. josechukkiri

josechukkiri Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can forget about SEO. Search engines are working with certain rules and regulations as it is working common in every path of life. Advising to ignore SEO is equal to say to ignore lawful life.

josechukkiri, Jun 30, 2020 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And yet you can live a lawful life while being oblivious to the laws. Sometimes doing things properly is enough.

sarahk, Jun 30, 2020 IP
  10. MonroeLouisiana

MonroeLouisiana Peon

Best Answers:
    Hard to forget about SEO when google refuses to rank stuff by keeping business profiles barred for no reason like here: https://monroedeckbuilders.com/

MonroeLouisiana, Sep 16, 2020 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol @MonroeLouisiana - you make the OP's point for him, even though your site isn't a blog.

• Look after your site first - have genuine content that isn't full of keyword stuffing.
      upload_2020-9-17_13-8-44.png
    • Use a template/theme that is well built and enqueues the css and javascript files - yours is a nightmare
    • Make sure your code can run without throwing 78 ERRORS
      upload_2020-9-17_13-11-21.png
    • Have an address on your contact us page

sarahk, Sep 16, 2020 IP
  12. Rune Vox

Rune Vox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Best is to focus on your community, for example if you post about SPORT, find sport community and share your info with them. You can also do the same thing with social media and build up slowly.
    Add your site to google analytics, webmasters.
    Then google will see that your website have traffic and it will rank for your desired keywords.
    If you open website and wait for magic to happen, that will not work.

Rune Vox, Sep 25, 2020 IP
  13. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree... just write the content nobody will ever read.

praetserge, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  14. cdawson6887

cdawson6887 Member

Best Answers:
    Normally, if someone is creating enough quality content the SEO will be generated by itself with minimal work. Someone that has a SEO targeted blog with 10 posts won't outrank someone with 1000 quality posts without any SEO optimization.

cdawson6887, Nov 6, 2020 IP
  15. WriterSprout

WriterSprout Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah you are correct about that.

A person that has SEO targeted blog with 10 post won't outrank a person with 1000 quality post without SEO.

I watch a YouTube () video that talk about "Neil Patel's Worst SEO Advice Ever...Let's Talk Fact".

The video, in their experiment they proof that in their blog, they focus on producing quality content since that believe that content is king.

They do not do promotion or backlink (link building).

Just focus on the word Content Is King and that was what make them rank.

Though it was against Neil Petal SEO advice.

Which say;

Post 1 SEO content a week focus on all the aspect that is involved in SEO.

Just advice is not good for new bloggers.

What that video meant is that quality content without SEO can also rank in search engine

WriterSprout, Nov 27, 2020 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  16. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's Income School. They have the best advice regarding SEO for blogs. I have been following them for years and they do give the best SEO advice, which is not to focus on SEO rather on content.

FarrisFahad, Nov 27, 2020 IP
  17. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes is true. I have seem some sites organic traffic is quite good , come backlinks stuffs amazing not much.
    I check in depth the backlinks, not say quality ones yet?
    I think also partly due to social signals share also help beside Quality backlinks stuffs.

YujinTan, Dec 1, 2020 IP
  18. Rome Chic

Rome Chic Peon

Best Answers:
    It's true. We don't link the SERP presenting posts with similar titles and contents.

Rome Chic, Dec 1, 2020 IP
  19. Falltorise

Falltorise Peon

Best Answers:
    That's so true. Also, if you write to serve readers, you will likely gain links back to your blog and search engines like rich and organic content.

Falltorise, Nov 5, 2021 IP
  20. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely agree with you on this. Working on SEO is important, as we should definitely take care that we implement enough keywords in our blogs and content, but we can't be directed only by that. The first thing that everyone should remember is that we are writing for people and not algorithms, and that text first needs to bring some real value to the readers. This also means that text should flow naturally and that it mustn't be filled with too many keywords and links that don't have any real sense.

VortexAlpha, Jan 31, 2022 IP