1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is email marketing dead or dying?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Proaffili, May 12, 2021.

1. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you come up with a really interesting way to get the reader interested in the title and your product turns out to be really useful, then yes, you can only get quite elderly customers through emails.

Still email marketing still works if you have a store and send emails with promotions to those who are registered.

Đặng Văn Bình, Sep 19, 2021 IP
  2. Triplefour

Triplefour Active Member

Best Answers:
    i will setup my own smtp myself , i will get server from who allow emails and i do mailwizz + pmta setup and do warmup, after few days i can sent 500k per day with around 8 to 10% open rate.

Triplefour, Sep 19, 2021 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mind explaining what you mean by this?

Really? You achieve warmup in only a few days?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2021
    JoeSpirit, Sep 20, 2021 IP
  4. Triplefour

Triplefour Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes high reputation ip need few days warmup and i only sent clickers and openers so guess it :)

Triplefour, Sep 20, 2021 IP
  5. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Old people who use mail and don't use social platforms. This is a very specific audience. You need to consider her needs in order to get the right respond.

Đặng Văn Bình, Sep 21, 2021 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Ah. High reputation explains it better for me.

That makes sense. What age range does your research show this audience to occupy?

JoeSpirit, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  7. weFF

weFF Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Imo its dead. Personally i never open spam mails or mails i dont know sender. Simply using 3 mail accounts. 1 business, 1 my personal and 1 is for everything else,with everything else i mean forum registrations, different social networks and rest. Literally i always use spam account on everything.

P.s. That account is not even added to my mail applications ))

weFF, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I don't see how that means that email marketing is dead.

Most everybody (I think) ignores spam these days. But valid email marketing still works. It's not all spam. If the marketer sends out content that the recipient values that recipient is certainly going to look, and consider, what's there.

Honest marketers only send out messages that the contacts request. And that email still works.

JoeSpirit, Sep 22, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And even an unrequested newsletter with content of interest to a prospect can still work as long as it is not too frequent. And it can work in strange ways. E.g., I recently spoke to a good client at a major manufacturer and we were discussing some negative issues that had arisen with my company and another division of his company. He was in our camp and pointed out why to his senior management and part of his argument were all the "big wins" and "major news" coming from my company that indicated that we knew what we were doing and were right in our disagreement with the other division. The "big wins" and "major news" all came to him from our monthly newsletters. Hard to measure a lot of marketing activities but this was a big help to us.

I get bombarded with spam emails trying to sell me a wide range of marketing and sales products or services every day. Rarely open them. However, occasionally a credible cold email will come into my inbox with a message about a solution that I am looking for or plan to be looking for. I will sometimes engage with the sender.

jrbiz, Sep 22, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  10. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    i feel the big negative part is from scam email. Now a days tons of scam emails, what DHL, Your Local delivery service, even Govt matters, personal stuffs, your local banks, telecom , etc etc Fake email trying to get your bank id and password. Thus make people really very carefully come email marketing stuffs perhaps.

YujinTan, Sep 22, 2021 IP
  11. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I open spam emails to first judge if they have any value for me - and then delete them if they don't.

It doesn't often take me long to figure that out these days.

JoeSpirit, Sep 23, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I think scam messages are a much different issue than spam messages when it comes to evaluating email's worth in marketing. But every person needs to develop a skill for recognizing both scam and spam.

JoeSpirit, Sep 23, 2021 IP
  13. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Based on information from Facebook largest age group: 25-34 (26.3%). We take Facebook as the most common example in the global field. For the rest, I think, everything is individual from the specific purpose of your marketing tasks. But I would start looking at people from 45-50 and above.

Moreover, the better the standard of living in the country, the better the elderly people are versed in modern technologies, which means that their age will become higher and they don't use email as much.

Đặng Văn Bình, Sep 23, 2021 IP
  14. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    You consider 45 to be elderly? Guess that makes me ancient.

JoeSpirit, Sep 25, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  15. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    There are exceptions to any rule. We must look specifically at your goal. Fortunately, there are enough tools for this on the Internet. Paid or free.

Đặng Văn Bình, Sep 26, 2021 IP
  16. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    doing in proper way is still working, but for most of the peoples its dead.

indiasbull, Sep 27, 2021 IP
  17. Emma_P480

Emma_P480 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't believe Email marketing is dying. Email can be very effective in getting a message directly infront of your customer base. You've worked hard to get those leads, so you want to make sure you keep them!

Emma_P480, Sep 27, 2021 IP
  18. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    Another thing is now a days people view their privacy more, The standard funnel, enter your email to get this xxx free eBook or , etc etc freebies.
    I shall say most will enter their spare email which they don't daily open and see or just create to get freebies for the seek of entering their email. I preferring those non marketers of course they are some will input their main email which we target as they daily open their mailbox to check email.

This is another negative part come email marketing now a days, of course email marketing still work, big corporations out there Apple, Microsoft, Google they themselves also will send email as their part of email marketing.

YujinTan, Sep 29, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  19. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Yep. Or a throw-away address that they never open except to grab that freebie.

Which depends a whole lot on the subject line and/or the recognition of the brand or name of the sender.

JoeSpirit, Sep 29, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I would say subject line is the most important way to get me to open a cold email. Next would be the sender name/email. Note: an email coming from a gmail address is immediately deleted, no matter any other variable.

jrbiz, Sep 29, 2021 IP