1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I generate an automatically styled bookmarks.html file?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mike323, Sep 17, 2021.

You know how when you export your browser bookmarks to an html file and it looks like this: https://imgpile.com/images/NeiEnG.png

Well, is there any way I could create a css style sheet (or any other preexisting external page with some kind of styling code) on my computer that would reference the generated bookmarks.html page and automatically style it without changing the code in the bookmarks.html page? So that when I opened the bookmarks.html page in my browser it had maybe a black background and white text links instead of a white background and blue text links? Or the links were positioned differently on the page? Just some basic alterations to the style.

I've been doing some research and I'm wondering if it's possible for me to call a .json file with links to an html page and display the links?

Thanks for any help. Will check back here regularly for any replies.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    mike323, Sep 17, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are chrome plugins (and presumably for every other browser) that will detect a page's source and change the css to the rules you set.

Therefore you can set it to identify local pages and add the css.

sarahk, Sep 17, 2021 IP
    mike323 likes this.
  3. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you! I'll have to investigate this!

mike323, Sep 17, 2021 IP