1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website rank drop

Discussion in 'SEO' started by annaalford, Jul 26, 2020.

Hi all, can anyone tell me why my site rank drop? Please give any suggestion.

annaalford, Jul 26, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We'd know how to review your site - want to share the URL?

sarahk, Jul 26, 2020 IP
  3. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Main reason i noticed is poor contents or duplicate contents. I saw many related issue at DP and also from my website that site ranking is going down specially from few months and i think its complete due to Google algorithms update. After analyze website of few client found that he is using very common text to his website like "We are providing website services since 2004.", So not duplicate but also not unique and after update web contents and some high quality backlinks ranking improved again.

You should check two things
    • Backlinks are not from bad neighborhood site (In other word not from spam site).
    • Contents not duplicate and according to site keywrods.
    And as @sarahk is saying .... if you can share your website URL then we can give you more better suggestion.

seomanualsubmission, Jul 26, 2020 IP
  4. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you content is king, you need to focus on content, check all the content and replace with handwritten, unique content

usaukclassifieds, Jul 28, 2020 IP
  5. wickedter

wickedter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    content is king. did you lose some of your backlinks?

wickedter, Feb 8, 2021 IP
  6. Sphor

Sphor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is your website URL?

You could have been penalised by google for using shady SEO tactics, or the ranking drop could be due to a number of other reasons.

It's hard to tell without reviewing the domain/site.

Sphor, Jul 12, 2021 IP
  7. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of reasons to have ranking drop, it can be result of your poor content or not really successful strategy. Need more details to answer this

NicoleW, Jul 14, 2021 IP
  8. Md Mithu Husssain

Md Mithu Husssain Peon

Best Answers:
    Use a lot of lengthy contents. Share it to high-ranked websites where backlinks are allowed. Don't post that content directly- use hyperlinks to share your websites. At first, you can write a number of good content and then can start sharing your content. By doing this you will get a good number of Backlinks. Post a lengthy, traffic friendly, SEO friendly, content on your website. Use keywords in your website contents smartly. Use 1 keyword per 100 words content. Don use frequently any keywords. Use keywords in Link, Title, Image alt tag, and every possible place. But avoid over keyword stuffing. Always use Medium competitive keywords

Md Mithu Husssain, Jul 15, 2021 IP
  9. Hutchison

Hutchison Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ranking drops are often caused by large changes to a website. When you've migrated a bunch of pages, rolled out a (responsive) redesign or reworked a lot of content you'll see big fluctuations in your rankings. This is natural, and should only worry you in ase your rankings don't come back to their previous state.

Hutchison, Jul 24, 2021 IP
  10. shamimfresh105

shamimfresh105 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should post regularly and before posting use the perfect keywords to rank and optimize your post properly. hope you will get rank.

shamimfresh105, Aug 14, 2021 IP
  11. Nishat Sharmin

Nishat Sharmin Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the URL of your website? Google Analytics will provide you with a detailed report of your website and why you are dropping it.

Nishat Sharmin, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  12. dm35

dm35 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dm35, Sep 6, 2021 IP
  13. Amin Tabibzada

Amin Tabibzada Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am experiencing the same thing. Not that I had a huge traffic or anything, my site is about six months old, but we were organically ranking higher every week. While I recently updated my site, I have noticed that in the past 2-3 weeks, I lost keywords that I used to ranked for. I thought it might be due to my recent updates but there could be many other reasons. By the way, I have put a lot of efforts into spell check, uniqueness, content length and quality, page speed etc. However, because I have over 1000 products listed, there maybe duplicate contents here and there. I am thinking I might take sometime to fix this issue and see how I go. The site is OzGalore.com by the way. If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to shoot, I am open to constructive suggestions.

Cheers,
    Amin

Amin Tabibzada, Sep 15, 2021 IP
  14. Billy Worker

Billy Worker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most frequently, we see drops because of changes that were made to the website, but they can also be caused by an algorithm update, technical issues, improvements competitors made, SERP lay-out changes or a Google penalty.

Billy Worker, Sep 15, 2021 IP
  15. etdigitalmarketing

etdigitalmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Make extensive use of long content. Send it to popular websites that have quality backlinks. Use links rather than direct posting to share your website's content. You can start writing a lot of quality content at first, and then you can start sharing it. You will obtain a sizable number of Backlinks by doing this. Post a long, popular, and SEO-friendly piece of content to the website. Use keywords anywhere you can, including in the link, title, and alt tags for images. Don't, however, overuse keywords. Use medium-competitive keywords at all times.Make selective use of keywords in the content of your website. Per 100 words of text, use only one keyword. Avoid using any keywords repeatedly.

etdigitalmarketing, Aug 26, 2022 IP