1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wix Website SEO Audit Flags

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Burgo, Aug 16, 2021.

Hi,
    My SEO Audit score is 90, one thing is Inline CSS, is there any way to fix that issue, please?
    Wix Support is minimal, to say the least.[​IMG]

Burgo, Aug 16, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That's the inline css I got from your page (there's more):

<p class="font_8" style="font-size:18px; text-align:center"><span style="font-size:18px"><span style="font-family:helvetica-w01-roman,helvetica-w02-roman,helvetica-lt-w10-roman,sans-serif">Badger Head, Beaconsfield, Beauty Point, Birralee, Blackwall, Bridgenorth, Clarence Point, Dilston, Deviot, Exeter, Flowery </span><span style="font-family:arial,ms pゴシック,ms pgothic,돋움,dotum,helvetica,sans-serif">Gully, Frankford, Glengarry, Gravelly Beach, Greens Beach, Grindelwald, Hillwood, Holwell, Kayena, Kelso, Lanena, Legana, Loira, Newnham, Notley Hills, Riverside, Robigana, Rosevears, Rowella, Sidmouth, Swan Bay, Swan Point, Trevallyn, Windermere, Winkleigh, York Town.</span></span></p></div><div id="comp-ks9r4z5b" class="_1Q9if" data-testid="richTextElement"><p class="font_8" style="font-size:20px; text-align:center"><span style="font-size:20px"><span style="font-family:kelly slab,fantasy"><span class="color_18"><span style="font-weight:bold">LAUNCESTON:</span></span></span></span></p>
    Code (markup):
    You have .css files between <head></head>, then you also have css right in the page between <style></style> AND for some reason you also have the inline css. You probably have nothing to do with any of that, wix just generated that smorgasbord for you. The thing with inline css is it will override your .css files and the css between <style></style>. All your styles have to be in your .css files.

How do you fix it?

<p class="font_8" style="font-size:18px; text-align:center">

You'll need to place the style in one of your .css files:

.newpstyle{
    font-size:18px;
    text-align:center;
    }

Then change the line above to: <p class="newpstyle">

The "font_8" is prolly useless, since it has to be overridden in every line.

Note, this is just an example. You have so much mess that I am afraid you will end up spending hours trying to get it fixed. And then when you generate a new wix page, you will end up dealing the same mess again. I'd say leave it alone. 90 isn't a bad score. I just don't want you to break your back trying to fix all that mess.

qwikad.com, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How committed are you to using Wix?
    It looks like your expectations might have outgrown it.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  4. Burgo

Burgo Member

Best Answers:
    I fixed the SPF issue, I take it the other issues are solely on Wix' end?
    [​IMG]

Burgo, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  5. Burgo

Burgo Member

Best Answers:
    Hindsight is a great thing, however having just spent $400 AUD, I'm pretty committed :D

Burgo, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, I guess the benefit of getting this fixed isn't that much then. Don't sweat it, you won't be able to fix Wix.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, stop using the sleazy shortcut that is WIX and build a website properly. Those predatory dirtbags and the ignorant garbage they prey on nubes and rubes alike with really need a class action suit taken against them at this point. I'd sue them for the money back.

I'm a bit shocked it scores as well as it does, given the train wreck laundry list of how NOT to build a website you have there.

I'm an accessibility and efficiency consultant by trade, and part of that includes "on site SEO" thanks to semantic markup. So... lemme give you one of my free evaluations of what's wrong there.

We'll start with design and UI.

1) illegible colour contrasts. The dark cyan with black text is below accessibility norms.

2) Willy-nilly font face changes with hard to read webfonts on your headings.

3) Broken layout for users of non-standard metrics, likely from a mismatch of font-size and media query (if any) metrics.

4) Non-standard navigation/landings are utterly banjaxed likely from gibberish misuse of HTML tags.

5) No scripting off graceful degradation, which is to be expected with the nube predator scam bait that is Wix.

Next is a network evalutation.

1) For the home page they are vomiting up 440k of markup for a page that has only 2.33k of plaintext and ZERO content images. That's likely not even 6k of HTML's job meaning their dipshit dumbass system is shitting out over 70 times the code needed to do the job in HTML ALONE.

2) There's 25k of CSS in two files not counting the webfonts. That's not horrifically bad, but that's because they put most of the style in the markup because that's how their idiotic scam does its thing.

3) Over three megabytes of scriptttardery on a website that I have serious doubts even warrants the PRESENCE of JavaScript. That it's spread out over 58 separate files is the biggest contributor to the fact it takes over 30 seconds to load here since ping-time to their over-sold hosting pushes up past 800ms.

With 4mb of files spread out over 117 files for JUST the 2.33k home page, it is proof positive of what complete ignorant incompentent scam artist BULLSHIT Wix is.

And that's before I evaluate that bloated code. At 440k I'm not going to go deep into details or this post would end up the same blasted size. That said:

Blocking scripts in HEAD, lack of media targets on stylesheet LINK. the inline style in the markup you're already aware of, META not one legitimate user-agent (a browser is a UA but a UA isn't always a browser) gives a flying purple fish about, incorrect / garbage use aof the X-UA-Compatible META, keyword stuffed TITLE and description META likely to get you slapped down by search, STYLE and META tags in the body where it's invalid to place said tags, gibberish numbered heading orders, gibberish application of numbered headings to non-heading content, paragraphs around non-paragraph content, cloaked content ALSO likely to get you pimp slapped by search, static scripting in the markup... you get the idea.

My advice? Learn HTML, Learn CSS, and redo this from scratch avoiding disreputable sleazy scam-artist snake-oil bullshit like Wix, Weebly, etc, etc. All those bunko hustlers do is saddle you up and take you for a ride.

deathshadow, Aug 21, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn and sarahk like this.