1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Enquiry to set up own web hosting company

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sapphiro, Aug 1, 2021.

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to set up my own web hosting company, but I have no idea how.
    (but I'm a super good programmer, can even build social networking websites etc)

I'm thinking of buying a linux server, 2 x 1 TB at least, but I don't know what is the recommended exact machine.

I have also no idea how to use linux

But I intend to get CPanel (mass) via purchase. I also have no idea how I can install cPanel on linux and how I can use CPanel then to create cPanel accounts for the customers etc. (I have been the web hosting customer all along, not the host, but intend to try)

Any advice or tips?

In return I may give you a free shared hosting account 10GB/1GB ram for a year (if you want) and also give you some of my own self-made non-blockchain digital currency

Thanks

(Also.... my dedicated server will be hosted on my own home room, there is no aircon, only room temperature - - is this ideal)

Sapphiro, Aug 1, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The very first thing you need is a business plan detailing exactly how you plan on making this happen. Part of that plan is determining all of your costs, in money, in time, and so on. Once you have that in place DOUBLE ALL OF YOUR COSTS and HALVE ALL OF YOUR PROJECTED RECEIPTS. If it still pencils, THEN YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE OF SUCCEEDING. If it does not pencil, FORGET ABOUT IT.

mmerlinn, Aug 1, 2021 IP
    Sapphiro likes this.
  3. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is indeed true, but more looking at the technicalities at the moment etc.

There is a chance I can even make it free web hosting for customers for the first year to get as many customers as possible, then charge normal price after that. I intend to keep prices low etc, so for now, looking at the "know-how" only. Which server machine exact to buy, how to use linux, how to install cpanel (after buying bulk) etc.

Sapphiro, Aug 1, 2021 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Determining which server to buy is dependent upon knowing what your costs and receipts will be otherwise it is guaranteed that you will buy the wrong equipment. Learning linux, cpanel, etc is a minor issue not even worth pursuing until you have the equipment on hand that you will use since not all equipment works the same way.

mmerlinn, Aug 1, 2021 IP
    jrbiz and Sapphiro like this.
  5. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I did some simple search for servers, prices ranged from 700 usd to 2k+ usd etc, so my budget will be 2.25k for the linux server etc.

Sapphiro, Aug 1, 2021 IP
  6. FrogeHost

FrogeHost Member

Best Answers:
    I really hope you're not serious about this.

FrogeHost, Aug 4, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Fast method is buy reseller hosting pack and start your own hosting company

egoldzone, Sep 5, 2021 IP
  8. myreseller home

myreseller home Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey there!
    If you're planning to start your own web hosting company and have no experience with all of that why not start with reseller hosting first.
    That way you will get some hands-on experience on how to run and operate a web hosting company. After that, you can either scale up your business further or do something else accordingly.
    Thank You...

myreseller home, Feb 8, 2022 IP
  9. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    You are 100% right, you always have to be prepared for the worst.

Gamerseo, Feb 8, 2022 IP