1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile Apps for e-commerce store

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Kim Hoseok, Jul 29, 2021.

Hello everyone, I am planning to start an online store, and I was wondering how important is it to have a mobile app for the store? And what is the easiest way to create one?

Kim Hoseok, Jul 29, 2021 IP
  2. Cynthia Moreno

Cynthia Moreno Peon

Best Answers:
    It’s evident that mobile commerce is growing at a rapid pace and almost every successful e-commerce store has an app or at least a mobile-compatible website for the ease of users. M-commerce constitutes almost 50% of eCommerce sales. A mobile app will bring more visitors to you. On top of that, with the financial ecosystem shifting towards mobile devices (wallets, UPI payments), mobile apps can convert your visitors to customers reducing the “cart to payment” time. There’s no reason you shouldn’t go for m-commerce.

Various eCommerce platforms offer mobile apps like Shopify, StoreHippo, Wix, Builder.ai, etc. Choosing which one will suit you the most is up to your requirements. Look for Progressive Web App (PWA) technology and a simplified process of building an app.

Hope this helps :)

Cynthia Moreno, Aug 4, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It might be good to have one if you can do it with minimal fuss but you probably only need it to "look good".

Look at your projected sales.
    How much are you relying on repeat sales?

I have shopping apps for movies (well, when we used to go), fast food, and grocery shopping. I have aliexpress because it's useful to track my purchases but I don't actually make many.

Recently I've bought a laptop skin, and a few other one-off items. I have no idea if those stores have apps but I wouldn't install them if they did.

So, if every customer is like me (which they aren't) you really only need an app if you get repeat sales and you want to make it easy for customers.

On the plus side, if you have an app it's easier to send them notifications and draw them back to your store.

sarahk, Aug 5, 2021 IP
  4. Kim Hoseok

Kim Hoseok Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks! that's a pretty interesting insight.

Kim Hoseok, Aug 10, 2021 IP
  5. Shaktimi

Shaktimi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't see fit in building the mobile app if your store is not big enough.

Shaktimi, Oct 7, 2021 IP
  6. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, because of the mobile application, stores both gain popularity and expand.

Đặng Văn Bình, Oct 7, 2021 IP
  7. Alex Thorne

Alex Thorne Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is only worth to develop the app if your store is big enough.
    As long as your shop is on a website that works well in mobile presentation, that is enough.

Alex Thorne, Jan 21, 2022 IP