1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should we start with advertisers or publishers to create an ad platform?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by barbararichards, Jun 28, 2021.

Hello there,
    I just finished creating my own advertising network to connect website owners looking to monetize their content with advertisers.
    I just realized that there is a big problem (The classic Chicken or Egg) to create the effect of the network on my platform.
    Should we start with the creation of the offer, that is to say the publisher sites who wish to monetize their content or by demand, the advertisers who want to buy traffic?
    Before asking the question here, I looked for emails of other advertising platform founders and I asked the same question but they didn't answer me :D
    So I came here to take your advice, I know that there are some people who have a lot of experience in this field and who may have worked in ad-tech companies.
    If I succeed in my project I will share coupons with all members of the digitalpointforum :D
    Thks.

barbararichards, Jun 28, 2021 IP
  2. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    Hey)
    I believe you should start publishers as you gonna need to propose something to your future advertisers. but the best option is to hire two affiliate managers who will recruit advertisers and publishers simultaneously

NicoleW, Jun 28, 2021 IP
  3. barbararichards

barbararichards Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Nicole for your answer (I really appreciate your help).
    If I start with the publishers part to create the offer, there will simply be no ads and they will not make money with my platform so they will not reuse my platform.
    If I start with the advertisers I cannot send them visitors because there is no publisher network.
    What I'm looking to find out is how ad networks like Taboola, Exoclick, Outbrain ... created the network effect and how they did in the beginning to match supply and demand ?

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Offer free ads to advertisers for 6 months but pay your publishers.

I'm surprised your marketing team aren't all over this.

sarahk, Jun 28, 2021 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You would need at least one high traffic website, either your own or someone elses who agrees to run your ads, your own preferred.
    Then start by getting advertisers.

JEET, Jun 28, 2021 IP
  6. barbararichards

barbararichards Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the time you took to answer me. I'll try it and if it works I'll keep my promise

7. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Would say to start with the publishers first as from them it depends on how willing advertisers will be to join your network. Search for the best possible offers so that later you will be able to give something valuable to advertisers and to be able to provide them more guarantees.

VortexAlpha, Dec 23, 2021 IP
  8. Breslinnet

Breslinnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So… tell us more about this network. I may be an advertiser or I may be a publisher…

Breslinnet, Dec 29, 2021 IP