1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tools & Tips for new personal websites to be listed on Google

Discussion in 'Google' started by arpit13, May 22, 2021.

Hello everyone,

Here's some context:
    I used to be an active member and a freelancer on this community few years back when my education took my prime focus and I left freelancing. Now-a-days, I find that I often have extra time at hand and I generally use it upgrade my knowledgebase and skillsets. Now I want to build a personal portfolio website and want to ensure best SEO practices from the scratch.

The topic at hand:
    I know there are myriad number of resources and tools out there but as the field develops and changes everyday. So I was wondering if we could discuss the following:
    1. What are some best practices to take care of before making a website and what to keep in mind while running it? I mean, what are you guys doing for the same
    2. What all tools and resources do people usually go for? Like I read people are staying away from freeware resources like undraw.co

Hope this is the right section to post the thread. It's been long since I was last active here.

arpit13, May 22, 2021 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best practice before making a website is to prepare the site's optimized url and also the optimized meta tag titles and description as well as headers that will be use for the created website pages.

KylieSweet, Jun 13, 2021 IP
  3. KristianOnTheTable

KristianOnTheTable Peon

Best Answers:
    The best tip I can offer is to do your research first. You need to know what keywords you anticipate drawing traffic from and then work out how to compete with other sites already drawing traffic from these terms.

There are loads of great keyword research tools out there you can use to get started. Then it's a case of mapping the appropriate keywords to your content across different landing pages, adding unique metadata for each.

Make sure your site is super speedy and passes the latest Core Web Vitals tests.

Then work on building up your authority through linkbuilding

KristianOnTheTable, Jun 30, 2021 IP
  4. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    • The user interface and user experience (UI & UX) are important when creating a new website.
    • Page speed is also very essential in terms of SEO.
    • Always test on a variety of browsers and mobile devices.
    • SSL Certificates are always required for your website's security.
    • When hosting a website on a server, website security is equally essential.
    • This page should be accessible through the website's Terms & Conditions / Privacy Policy section.
    • Content should be extremely original, handwritten, and Copyscape-passed to be effective.

usaukclassifieds, Jul 2, 2021 IP
    Sphor likes this.
  5. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Analise the competition first and try to replicate their best practices.

praetserge, Feb 10, 2022 IP