1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Broken form elements

Discussion in 'CSS' started by pratik, Jun 8, 2021.

Hello CSS gurus

Need a quick help in formatting a form.
    Please refer the form in the link below
    http://paintology.localgetsvocal.in/corporate-events/
    Code (markup):
    Here I need to set the following
    1. Gap between 2 radio options to be increased (Virtual and Office)
    2. "Estimated no of people" is actually a dropbown, but does not appear like one.

Could anyone here please help me set the form right.

Thanks

pratik, Jun 8, 2021 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was hoping someone else would respond as what I'll tell you... well, you probably don't want to hear. But since nobody else is stepping up to the plate.

That site is such a bloated, incompetent, slow loading disaster that formatting your forms are the LEAST of your problems. Illegible colour contrasts, inaccessible pixel metric fonts with illegibly light font-weights telling users with accessibility needs to go f*** themselves, non-semantic gibberish markup telling users on non-visual UA's to sod off, JavaScript for NOTHING of actual value...

Is it any wonder that in 8.8 megabytes over 115 separate files it's taking almost a minute to load on my 45mbps cable, and for WHAT? Some goofy image rotator and a contact form?

I mean it's 140k of HTML to deliver 5 content media items and 1.6k of plaintext, not even 8k of HTML's flipping job!!!

Much less the batshit insane 1.59 MEGABYTES of CSS in 27 files when no legitimate website needs more than 48k in one or two files, and the equally nutjob incompetent 5.9 megabytes of scriptttardery slopped in by 85 files? On a site that even keeping the behaviors probably shouldn't have more than 16k of scripting?!?

It is quite literally 120 times or more the code needed to do the flipping job! OF COURSE you're having problems styling simple elements. Particularly when the markup is such utter gibberish CRAP!

And people wonder why I say the only thing you can learn from jQuery and turdpress is how NOT to build websites. Well here it is!

Epic /FAIL/ at web development. That ENTIRE site needs to be pitched in the trash and started over from scratch by someone who knows what they are doing. There is NOTHING of value to even try and save from that.

deathshadow, Jun 16, 2021 IP