1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How/where to start my blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by albertr, May 8, 2021.

I’m starting a blog which I hope to eventually monetize.

In fact I’m considering beginning multiple different blogs in the hopes of finding one to monetize. I’m hoping to start with a free blog website in case my blogs aren’t gaining traction or if the content is too hard for me to create over the long term.

Which site do people suggest I use?

My concern with a free blog site is, the difficulty transferring content to a domain I eventually purchase, when it’s time to monetize the blog.

Does anyone have experience with moving a site from a free blog to a site where you can monetize the blog? Can you offer any advice?

albertr, May 8, 2021 IP
  2. Katie Lamb

Katie Lamb Peon

Best Answers:
    Hiya

I've moved my blog hosting from Bluehost to Siteground before and its no trouble.

The company you move to will take care of everything for you as a new customer.

I'm pretty sure it would be the same moving from a free site host.

Katie

Katie Lamb, Jun 1, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The cost is minimal. Do it right first time.

If you aren't sure if your ideas are any good then find a free business plan template and work through the steps.

Alternatively, consider the cost of a night out... I bet it costs more than buying a domain and hosting for a year.

sarahk, Jun 1, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  4. Roland E. Dockins

Roland E. Dockins Peon

Best Answers:
    To start your blog you need logo templates. On other forums, I was advised a site where I can make my logos and my templates in order to be different from others and be unique.

Roland E. Dockins, Jun 3, 2021 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are loads of sites like that.

sarahk, Jun 3, 2021 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to look professional don't bother with the free sites.

Also, keep in mind that when you post content on somebody else's domain they pretty much control that content.

JoeSpirit, Jun 4, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. iphoneglance

iphoneglance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It’s not difficult at all. If your site is already live all you need to do is go to a hosting provider and they will transfer everything for you, even the domain name. I’ve used SiteGround with my sites and they are brilliant

iphoneglance, Jun 28, 2021 IP
  8. Beckeren

Beckeren Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of great guides available on the internet to start a blog and here is one of these great guides.

Beckeren, Jun 30, 2021 IP
  9. geethalakshmi

geethalakshmi Active Member

Best Answers:
    First off applause for your idea to start blogging.

There are plenty of options to start your blog. But ensure professionalism in every single aspect of your blog. Well, that must start from a proper domain name for your blog. If you want to be in professional attire, jump over and get rid of the free blogger platforms. Buy your domain name from an affordable domain name provider.

geethalakshmi, Jul 2, 2021 IP
  10. Manoj_Online

Manoj_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogger, Medium, and Tumblr are some free blog sites. They allow you to use a custom domain also (Except Medium). But you should choose a niche first. Then, find some less competitive keywords to start working.

Manoj_Online, Jul 3, 2021 IP
  11. milman.tech

milman.tech Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently wrote a new article with an easy, and I believe the best process of starting your blog.

Here is a quick summary:
    • Keep blog topics ready
    • Researching on the topic
    • Structuring blog post
    • Bullet points
    • Introductory sentences
    • Answer paragraphs
    • Finishing the blog
    • Bonus Tips
    • Final words
    Feel free to check it out here.

milman.tech, Jul 6, 2021 IP
  12. KirenLawr

KirenLawr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It does not have the slightest importance where and how to open your blog, The important thing is that it works and be a center of seductiveness for people. I had 4 blogs, from here I understood that I Anywhere and anytime I can achieve success blogging. The first experience was the hardest, but also the most copious in terms of understanding about the blog only after that I was conscious of how to start a personal finance blog. For me the blog is already much more than just a job, and the first thousand dollars I did it became a new successful stage of my life

KirenLawr, Jul 14, 2021 IP
  13. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    If you want it to look professional then you should consider opening your own site where you will place blog articles right in the beginning, as if you write it on some other sites it won't look that professional. In this case, you won't be able to start different blogs at once and you should focus more on finding quality and popular niches that could help you earn money in the future. See also some affiliate marketing networks and check other blogs where they place their offers to get some ideas about blog topics, as this could be one way for you to monetize it in the later stages.

VortexAlpha, Jan 3, 2022 IP
  14. Wilson Jacob

Wilson Jacob Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

There are lots of ways, through which you can start your personal blog. If you are a newbie then I would recommend you to go with WordPress.com. Through this site, you can easily create the subdomain and start building your own website. And after getting much traffic on this blog, you can easily migrate that blog to any other external web hosting service provider.

Wilson Jacob, Jun 3, 2022 IP