1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you get any meaningful traffic from youtube?

Discussion in 'Google' started by JEET, Oct 28, 2020.

1. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google just updated their policy, and even if you are not subscribed to ads program, and do not show ads on your videos, still google can show ads on your videos.
    This is the email I got from them:
    You’re receiving this email because we’re updating the YouTube Terms of Service (“Terms”) to clarify our terms and provide transparency to our users. The Terms were similarly updated in the United States in November 2020. These changes shouldn't significantly alter your access or use of the YouTube service.

• YouTube’s right to monetize: YouTube has the right to monetize all content on the platform and ads may appear on videos from channels not in the YouTube Partner Program.

• Royalty payments and tax withholding: For creators entitled to revenue payments, such payments will be treated as royalties from a U.S. tax perspective and Google will withhold taxes where required by law.

JEET, May 23, 2021 IP
    Proaffili likes this.
  2. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not surprised at this move by Google at all. Whenever we upload videos to YouTube, we automatically give away all rights to that video; Google can do what they like with it because it no longer belongs to us; it has been this way for a long time now. All videos uploaded to YouTube belong to YouTube and by extension, Google. This ads issue is just a new twist to an old story.

Proaffili, May 23, 2021 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Proaffili
    That does not seems right you know.
    If I don't want to annoy my channel visitors with ads, then that is my choice.
    I just don't want any ad on my video, advertising anything similar or non-similar, nothing.

Google also does not owns the video, you do.
    If google owned the videos, they will get sued for all copyrighted content uploaded there.., but its the channel owner who takes that penalty, not youtube.
    So the video belongs to uploader, not youtube.

JEET, May 23, 2021 IP
  4. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will recheck the issue of video ownership. But as for the interruption marketing, as it's called, we will have to make the best of the situation as it stands. I don't think there is anything we can do about it. Coming to think of it, I have been noticing this interruption while viewing a video for some time now. However, all it does is disturb me a bit but not enough to stop me from completing the viewing. I think as long as your content is compelling enough to hold the viewers' interest Google's antics cannot harm you or your channel. Look at it this way: Obstacles and hurdles come our way in this life to bring out the best in us. Let Google do their thing and you, work on improving your marketing strategy, overall. Your best is still locked up inside of you; work on bringing it out!:)

Proaffili, May 23, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. Ameca L Cooley

Ameca L Cooley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It only depends upon how trusty and valuable your channel for your users/visitors and at the last of every single video it would be more beneficial if you give a reference of your website/blog/article through your voice.

Ameca L Cooley, May 24, 2021 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Proaffili
    Its not about interrruption. Its about someone else with similar service benefitting from my content, without my consent/choice, simply because they are spending.

JEET, May 24, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  7. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mis, do not worry about what you are seeing. This is how the system works; there are various types of ads are available on YouTube and that is just one of them; people pay for those types of ads. Believe me, because I'm not talking off the top of my head. Those ads you are complaining about, both Google and the promoters are making big money with. I understand how you feel about it but what you must do is work around it. Develop other strategies and use them together with YouTube. Do some study on the various ways you can advertise on YouTube and apply what is appropriate to your situation; some of them would be paid advertising, though.

Proaffili, May 24, 2021 IP
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your point, but I don't want people to show their ads on my videos, and this is how it used to be. Now youtube is saying that they will show ads, no matter what I choose in my ads display settings...
    How can someone go around this?

Also, what are the free ways you are talking about, about promoting on youtube?
    You mentioned, "some of these will be paid"...
    So which ones are free?

JEET, May 24, 2021 IP
  9. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not able to tell you offhand what are the other free ad types remaining and will have to check. Kindly assist me by Googling "Free YouTube ad types" and you should be furnished with all the information on free YouTube ads. I don't think there are more than two others; the balance will be paid ones. On second thought, do the search on YouTube instead; you will get the information there faster.

Proaffili, May 24, 2021 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I've never done a single YouTube video. But this thread has got me thinking seriously about it, especially doing a number of 60-second ones. Thanks, all!

Jim4767, May 25, 2021 IP
  11. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you should; it can be very profitable for you as an affiliate if you approach it correctly and aren’t afraid to invest in yourself. Here are a couple of tips that will come in handy:
    The key thing in launch a YouTube channel or anything at all is expectation and motivation. Do you want to generate income; prove to someone you can do it or help someone? Understand clearly what your motivation is, what you expect to gain from it, and that it could be a good while before you begin to see results.

Choosing a topic for your channel (if it’s a channel you want to start or just create random videos to advertise various affiliate products): The most important decision of the project, the topic, shouldn’t be too narrow, either too broad, should appeal to a very precise and targeted audience; and should be one you are passionate about. If you aren’t passionate about it, it wouldn’t be long before you get bored and quit when faced with obstacles along the way.

Before uploading any videos, do a little research for places to promote them. An excellent place to begin posting your links is Social media platforms, but be careful to adhere to their rules.
    You can add SEO to your videos. Google owns YouTube and will rank your videos in search within days; faster than they would rank most websites. Outsource this task If you are not able to do it yourself; it's an extremely powerful strategy.

Finally: Avoid producing videos with a lot of bells and whistles; shoot them in your kitchen, office, workshop, living room, etc., wherever is appropriate, with you looking into the camera and speaking to your audience. If it is possible, no special effects, especially if you are trying to convince your audience that a particular affiliate product is good for them. Make things simple. Do what it takes for your audience to feel you and connect with you emotionally. These are the kind of videos that will bring you massive results.

Proaffili, May 25, 2021 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Proaffili, great post, and very informative. Thank you.

I have an existing, 17-year-old website in the nonprofit religious sector (Christian sermons and Bible studies). The current traffic is about 50,000 visitors a month. The thought that I'm pondering is perhaps(?) doing a series of very short videos in which I would hit the highlights of my longer website-based sermons and Bible studies. Then I would close with an invitation to click a link to the longer website version of the topic of my video (for example, prayer for healing).

I should add that I'll turn 78 this week, so I'm not necessarily going to jump into something that might (1) exhaust my declining reservoir of energy or (2) take too much of my time and effort away from the main website. In any case, thanks for your excellent advice.

Jim4767, May 25, 2021 IP
    Proaffili likes this.
  13. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    I read you loud and clear; we are on the same frequency!:)

Proaffili, May 26, 2021 IP
  14. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you reach 1000 subscribers, and few hours of video watching, then you might be able to show ads directly in your YouTube videos.

Not sure how much it helps to upload vireos fro getting traffic to your website, unless you showcase a product or tell people specifically to follow the link from the description.

thedark, Oct 13, 2021 IP
  15. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Does your videos call to view advanced information on a topic on your site? Or maybe your videos too helpful...

Đặng Văn Bình, Oct 27, 2021 IP
  16. JJE

JJE Peon

Best Answers:
    I can confirm!

JJE, Dec 2, 2021 IP
  17. SeanIM68

SeanIM68 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have in the past. Need to start pumping out videos again.

SeanIM68, Dec 6, 2021 IP
  18. emmaback

emmaback Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. And keep in mind that YouTube doesn't push small channels with minimal content on them.

YouTube is all about watch time, if you have two channels one with 2 videos and a total of 30 minutes of content and another channel with 20 videos and 300 minutes of content YouTube will push the latter because there's more opportunity for the viewer to stay watching and see ads.

So the simple answer is just make more content. You're not going to hit it big off two videos, that's just silly.

And to compare the performance to YouTube several years ago is also silly, the landscape is extremely different, not to mention your niche in those previous videos is great for searching.

emmaback, Dec 30, 2021 IP