1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review divuni.com - a more mindful social site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by jaymi, May 15, 2021.

I would appreciate a review of the website: https://divuni.com

The purpose of it is to create a community of people who are looking to better understand themselves.
    At the moment there is a focus on Daily Questions, every day a new random question will be shown, members who create an account can answer these daily questions, write general posts, follow other members, comment, like, pin content to their profile, and more.

Its still new so there isn't much traffic and there are still quite a few projects in progress.

Feel free to also sign up, maybe there will be a question you would like to think of and answer, or maybe you will find an error that needs to be fixed!

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    jaymi, May 15, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's not going to work unless the site looks at least semi full. You need to ask all your friends, relatives and people who care enough to post on your site to sign up and post their questions, answers, etc. You are wasting your time asking total strangers on a forum to help you out.

qwikad.com, May 20, 2021 IP
  3. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are saying and agree, i am finding it difficult since everyday there is a new question and the content shown sort of gets "reset", but i have a few plans to fill up the pages with the content that does exist. But yes its difficult to try and get people to use the site when it looks empty.

But the request wasn't to use the website, it was to review it, to review what currently exists.

jaymi, May 20, 2021 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think your website looks something similar to Quora. Where any can post the question and users are free to answer related to same. I think what will bring more traffic to your site is to include those topics, issues, problems which are currently hot and people are looking for answer which satisfy their hunger.

dabbu347, May 23, 2021 IP
  5. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the feedback!
    The questions aren't from users, the questions are set in the system, a new one is just shown everyday.
    The users can answer the questions, post general content, comment, and have profiles, but at the moment they do not ask the questions themselves.

The point is to have questions that will hopefully get people thinking a little bit deeper than normal to actually find the answer. The goal is to create a more mindful community, but if people think this is a quora duplicate then i have not done my job properly!

jaymi, May 23, 2021 IP
  6. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not saying that your website too much resembles with Quora. As I have seen, there is only person "Jmm" who answers mostly all questions. Try to involve more and more people without logging into website to post their respective answers. Yes you can have option that person can answer without being signing up in the website also.

dabbu347, May 23, 2021 IP
  7. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    Right, in the beginning I opened it so that people could answer, post, and comment without signing up, but all I got was a lot of spam content, so I disabled that option for now until I can figure out a way to prevent it or at least catch it soon enough to remove it. I will probably create a filtering system so that I could manually approve content added without an account.

And yes right now there is only 1 person using the website, I am trying to get more people to come and use it, but no luck so far, but I'm optimistic, I just launched it about a month ago, and I know it takes time.

I would also appreciate feed back on the design if you or anyone has any!

Thanks!

jaymi, May 23, 2021 IP
  8. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    I took into consideration things people have suggested and updated the site. It now also has a community feed which is the home page, this makes the site seem a little bit more active and not dead.
    Guests can comment and answer daily questions that will be checked for spam and then approved if ok.

I would appreciate some critique on the design though as I am not sure how I feel about it anymore.
    There are still many projects planned and fixes to be made, but this is where its at right now.

Thanks!

jaymi, Jul 11, 2021 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Looks nice and clean. I don't really get it, and it's point of difference isn't really clear.
    You can't even get your Mum to sign up and post? No friends? family? Nobody supports you?

sarahk, Oct 23, 2021 IP