1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketing is dead, need new ideas

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Rich-Marley, May 6, 2021.

Hi, i have been in this field for more than a decade now and as of now i feel that amrketting is done. The online workspace is so saturated that there is hardly any room to work with and with rapid digitisation has only worsen the situation. I am looking for ideas that would enhance my online presence, feel free to provide feedback

Rich-Marley, May 6, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What have you tried and what worked for you at one point and is no longer working?

qwikad.com, May 6, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit and JEET like this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It could be that marketing isn't dead but your product/service is.

If the barrier to entry is low, and there's little differentiation, then it might be time to find a new product/service to work with.

sarahk, May 6, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit and JEET like this.
  4. Cloud_Geek

Cloud_Geek Peon

Best Answers:
    The marketing field daily brings new algorithms, tactics, and techniques. So, you always need to upgrade yourself and get familiar with the new trends. If you can tell me more details about your website, I would be happy to share marketing ideas.

Cloud_Geek, May 6, 2021 IP
  5. Leadnetwork

Leadnetwork Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing definitely is not dead, it just changing faster than before. If you work in this field so long, you have to understand that and follow it. Covid also make a difference in this space, everything becomes digital, in result competitive rise rapidly and it's not anough just to be good in this business anymore, you have to be brilliant professional.
    Maybe you need to change your approach or your strategy

Leadnetwork, May 6, 2021 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You know, older things still work good, probably much better than newer ones.
    Like getting website visitor's email, and keeping in contact, at least monthly. Weekly would be better.

JEET, May 8, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, reports of the death of Marketing are premature. :) Note that I heard that exact phrase in the late 1990's when direct mail response rates went from 2-8% to .25%. Turns out, that direct mail was on life support but it has made a bit of a recovery and is right now in rehab. Once people go back to the office after the lockdown nonsense is over, I predict that it will come back strong for a while. Same with B2B phone sales: with few in the office right now, it is really difficult to get anyone on the phone. Is it dead as some suggest? Absolutely not, it is just not working that well, right now.

Consumers change and evolve constantly for a wide variety of reasons (mostly, because they are humans and humans change all of the time.) Marketing, therefore, must constantly evolve and adapt to continue to achieve its goals. It is not that marketing is dead; you are just not carefully tracking your market changes and adapting as needed.

jrbiz, May 13, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  8. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    I think everyone here pretty much said it, marketing is not dead, its just a matter of finding your place in the vast sea of marketing and companies.
    Its not always easy, creativity and a market differentiator could help, but in the end it just comes down to how much work and time you are willing to put into it.

Every day new companies enter the game, it has become very difficult to find your place between them all and get to your target audience, even more to get them to choose your product over the rest, especially if you are a new marketer in the niche. It just takes time and a lot of work.

jaymi, May 16, 2021 IP
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing will never be dead as long as people need products and services.

Quit competing with the big frogs in their pond. Build your own pond where you are the ONLY frog in it.

mmerlinn, May 16, 2021 IP
    Harvey Wolf likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, like perhaps since the invention of fire plus or minus a few years... :)

jrbiz, Jul 6, 2021 IP
    qwikad.com and mmerlinn like this.
  11. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with you guys, it's impossible. Maybe something that works 10-5 years ago is not working anymore, marketing developing much faster now, so we need to move with the same speed

NicoleW, Jul 7, 2021 IP
  12. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your ads are probably the problem, either change them up of get someone else to write them, and make them relevant to where you're showing them. Like don't market dog products to bird owners.

superrichguy, Jul 7, 2021 IP
  13. susiparker

susiparker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Marketing isn't dead! I think businesses should adopt new marketing methods ad techniques. I am currently using Linkedin automation tools(LinkedCamp) to market my brand on LinkedIn and I believe it's a great method.

susiparker, Jul 9, 2021 IP
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Can you explain a bit about what LinkedCamp does and how you do your branding on linkedin?

jrbiz, Jul 9, 2021 IP
  15. DIY Tech

DIY Tech Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    The world is rapidly changing, especially with the applications of AI in in various areas including marketing. There are various AI tools out there you can use for effective marketing and ROI..

DIY Tech, Jul 13, 2021 IP
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is true that AI may eventually have a big impact on Marketing. Right now, however, the best quote that I have heard about all of the new marketing automation platforms and other such technology is that they let lousy marketers do more dumb things faster. :)

jrbiz, Jul 14, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  17. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should find a new niche. the marketing is just serving your product, the way have changed in this 10 years, now the short video is very popular.

enous, Jul 19, 2021 IP
  18. Mark Smith.230

Mark Smith.230 Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely wrong Marketing will never be down and dead its depend on you strategy for new newly grow business you should have to make a Custom logo design for getting viewers.

Mark Smith.230, Jul 23, 2021 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A custom logo is your answer to his problems?

sarahk, Jul 23, 2021 IP
  20. Mark Smith.230

Mark Smith.230 Peon

Best Answers:
    for me YES

Mark Smith.230, Jul 23, 2021 IP