1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High SEO error Bing webmaster tool

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Sadakspot, Mar 3, 2021.

hi,
    I recently tried to index my website with Bing but I found Errors that I don't know how to resolve, the error message was :

Remove redundant <h1> tags from the page source, so that only one <h1> tag exists.
    These pages have more than one <h1> tag. Multiple <h1> header tags might confuse search engine bots and website users. It is recommended to use only one <h1> tag per page.
    My website is a forum, tronictalk.com and the front page shows my forums
    please help.
    thanks in advance?

Sadakspot, Mar 3, 2021 IP
  2. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is simple to fix this error. Currently, you are using more than one H1 heading tag on a single page. Only one H1 tag is recommended on a single webpage. To solve this error you need to use the other heading tags like H2, H3 for subheadings.
    But the thing is different for single webpage websites, you can use more than one H1 tag on a single page website. It is a little difficult to rank a single page website for multiple keywords so we can use more than one H1 tags to separate the services or products (use H1 tags for the appropriate headings, don't spam).
    As you've mentioned it is a forum website so without seeing the website we can't help you with this because the design, theme of the website is different.

Sumit_Singh, Mar 3, 2021 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In your forum script code, look for: <h1, using notepad etc text editors.
    Then replace that to: <h2 or <h3
    While doing a search in your notepad etc, don't type <h1>, instead type <h1, without closing ">" sign.

Do this for only <h1> which are inside a "foreach" or "for" loop.

JEET, May 4, 2021 IP
  4. shalom_m

shalom_m Member

Best Answers:
    More than one <h1> tag was a issue - it no longer is so.
    See:
    All you need to do not to confuse the search enhines is to make one of the <h1> tags visually more dominant.

I tested it with Bing too - it works
    Yes - the old "only one <h1>" warning is still in place. I suggest ignoring it.

shalom_m, Nov 22, 2021 IP