1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Marketing is the Meat and the Potatoes

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by L.A. Randle, Apr 28, 2021.

Content marketing is and will always be the number one marketing tactic that I use to market any online business I have.

I started out as a copywriter for online companies back in 2004, and it taught me a lot.
    Your leads, customers, and audience crave for valuable content. And it's important that your content has the ability to reach your customers in a way that comes off organic, and natural. Nothing you create should ever be disruptive.

One of the things I've noticed when it comes to content marketing is that it has the ability to engage, and attract your target markets.

Having an effective content marketing plan, you can increase conversions, improve brand awareness, establish yourself as an industry leader, and boost revenue.

It's all about putting together a strategy that can be used over and over again.

Every content marketing idea should be attached to a plan.

Most people overlook content marketing because they're usually looking for a quicker and cheaper route.

But content marketing is important, and can create long lasting traffic if done correctly.

How Can Content Marketing Help Your brand
    Content marketing is the process of planning, developing, distributing, and sharing that content to a target audience. The focus behind content marketing is to create brand awareness, sales, and loyalty.

You can use content marketing to educate your leads about whatever products and or services you are selling.

You can also use content marketing to building relationships with your customers, resulting in an increase in loyalty.

Implementing content marketing allows you to create a sense of community around your brand.

Content Marketing Choices
    • Infographics
    Infographics have never been my favorite content marketing strategy but it works. It's the displaying of information, content, and data that is put into an easy to understand format that is graphic based.

Infographics are a mix of short statement, simply wording, and clear images.. they are perfect for people wanting to change up how they deliver content to their customers.

• Social Content
    The social sphere is huge. It accounts for about 3.6 billion global users, which is why people are investing in social media marketing. Whether you plan to use Pinterest, Linkedin, or Facebook, reaching your target audience through attention grabbing content is a great way to build brand awareness.

• Blog content Marketing
    No matter how you slice the pie, every online service or product website should have a blog. It allows for creativity, and it gives your customers a sense of security when it comes to your business.

• Podcast content marketing
    Podcasting is growing, so much so that media outlets and businesses are starting to create their own podcast so that they can deliver more content on the go.

I've stepped into the audio realm of things. My company focuses solely on developing expired domains and turning them into content delivery sites that offer audio media. So I understand just how podcast marketing has grown and will continue to grow in the near future.

• Video content marketing
    It has been stated by Wyzowl that almost 60% of consumers would rather learn about a product through video. Video marketing has the ability to boost conversions, and improve ROI. This alone helps build relationships.

• Paid Content Marketing
    I don't recommend you get into this if you are new. Paid ads is a great way to help you reach your audience, but it can swallow up your revenue in a heart beat. But if you pair paid ads with inbound marketing, you could take the world by storm.

If you are running or trying to build an online business. Content marketing should be the first place you start.

Content is King. That will never change.

L.A. Randle, Apr 28, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by disruptive? Do you ever use controversial content to stir up interaction?

I agree that paid ads are hazardous for newbies. I've been to a world's fair and 3 or 4 hog calling contests and I've still been taken on solo ads from time to time.

These days the first thing I do is request that the solo provider place me on his mailing list so I can review the nature of his messages.

For some reason I can't imagine - they don't like to do that. :(

Good post.

JoeSpirit, Apr 28, 2021 IP
  3. L.A. Randle

L.A. Randle Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh, the infamous solo ads. I'm still trying to have faith in solo ads, but they tend to be hit or miss. And the last thing you want to do is jeopardize the health of your brand. Solo ads are definitely tricky waters. Requesting to be put onto their mailing list is smart.

I think solo ad providers should offer a trial period so that we as the media buyer can examine their traffic, and marketing tactics before making a commitment.

L.A. Randle, Apr 28, 2021 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I believe "trial period" would be another area of reluctance with solo vendors.

Think about it. They gather leads in two main groups. Buyers & tire kickers. When they sell to you they're more likely to sell the tire kickers and save the buyers for their own offers.

Why would they waste the buyer list on someone else?

JoeSpirit, Apr 30, 2021 IP
  5. L.A. Randle

L.A. Randle Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point. I think it's safe to say that your game and marketing tactics better be on point so that you can turn those tire kickers into actual buyers.

L.A. Randle, Apr 30, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This thread makes me hungry. Mmmmm meat and potatoes...

Social media is my go-to venue when it comes to free advertising. Over the years I've joined over 50 groups on FB. That traffic converts more than any other social media traffic. Twitter is my other source.

qwikad.com, May 1, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  7. L.A. Randle

L.A. Randle Peon

Best Answers:
    I just starting coming to terms with the idea that social media can not and should not be avoided. It is built in traffic. The only thing I can't get behind is the manual promo. I have to use automated software to streamline my content.

L.A. Randle, May 12, 2021 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    How do you avoid social media ghosting?

JoeSpirit, May 12, 2021 IP
  9. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I don't know, I asked that question myself too. My guess is since I use my own URLs (not URL shortening services, not popular URLs with your own sub) they just don't care. The only time I was "busted" on FB was I was posting too fast and they gave me a time off (24 hours). Another thing is I never use https:// or www. with my URLs. I simply put mysite.com or mysite.com/something.php and my guess is it doesn't read as a URL (even though it will still appear as a clickable link).

qwikad.com, May 12, 2021 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    That's interesting.

I've been seeing and hearing that after your tenth or so placement of a link during a certain period of time (maybe the same day) FB starts ghosting you.

One way around it at the moment is clickable graphics. FB hasn't started targeting those yet.

What I do now is create a giveaway PDF with links in it and post that in the files section of one of my groups. They don't mind links that lead to other FB pages.

JoeSpirit, May 13, 2021 IP
  11. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Are you talking posting in groups? That's where I post. Exclusively. I post in groups created to promote your business, offers, etc. You do not get ghosted in those. I've been banned by admins a couple times, but never by FB. FB has delegated this to admins (seems to me).

PS What is even more fascinating, I have personal business pages and when I post in them FB suggests me to also post the same post in groups that I follow. 3 groups at a time. I am assuming they are doing this for everybody.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    qwikad.com, May 13, 2021 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    My understanding was it's happening in groups also. Could be mis-information.

I haven't had any suggestions from FB to re-post into groups. I do get FB invites to share posts to my personal business groups and pages. That seems to be attempts to sell me ads.

JoeSpirit, May 18, 2021 IP
  13. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    @JoeSpirit to give you an idea. I am posting from one of my business pages and that's the suggestion I am getting. Those are the groups I joined in the past:

1.jpg

It lets me post in 3 groups at a time. For the longest time I didn't have this option, then out of the blue I started getting it. It's probably been 2 months now since I started getting it. Makes my life SO much easier.

qwikad.com, May 19, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  14. Cloud_Geek

Cloud_Geek Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely agree that content marketing is really important weather it is in terms of podcast, blog, video, infographic or paid advertisement. If you take a day to develop content then you should take 1 week to market it. You may go for content repurposing as well. It is so successful. You may turn your old blog content into video, podcasts then remarket it again.

Cloud_Geek, Jun 1, 2021 IP
  15. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paid advertising in conjunction with content marketing can do wonders for a business. The free marketing via the content lowers your cost of advertising for every sale that you get. I suggest integrating social media with your content marketing so that the sharing aspect of it can be massive.

Randall Magwood, Jun 3, 2021 IP
  16. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that you managed to sum up things pretty well here. It's especially important to highlight that planning and creating a proper strategy are essential parts and they must be included before any other activity and before someone actually starts writing the content. And I also agree with the part where you say that paid ads aren't something that should be the first choice for beginners, as this requires some more serious skill sets.

VortexAlpha, Feb 2, 2022 IP