1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mytechiestuff, Apr 12, 2021.

I had requested logo suggestions in a competition.
    So just now replied to each one of the current participants, thanking them for their work and to say that I would respond by the end of the week.
    Then realised that each one of the replies had increased my post count.
    Not sure if that was a no no here and if these replies would be deleted.

mytechiestuff, Apr 12, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We'd typically merge them into a single post. Ideally you should be giving actual feedback on the design rather than a cut and paste answer. If you think a design is a definite contender then consider giving the designer a like as well.

sarahk, Apr 12, 2021 IP
  3. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see your point but the problem with the contests is that all the participants do the best that they can and should be thanked individually.

You are right about the cut and paste answer! That is not the way to thank anyone.
    I would not have done that though, had I thought of responding to each design at the time each design had been posted.
    Next time I will do that.

To be frank, even after all these years I have no idea as to what benefit one gets from a greater number of posts and I would be happy to post a special category of posts which are not added to the count.
    I have been around this forum for many years and have never counted my posts nor tried to add to them.

A couple of weeks ago, I had purchased a travel site here.
    The seller was selling the same site again but with another domain name.
    So I said in my post that the domain name that he was using for the site was very good.

The post was deleted because apparently it was against the rules!

I did not think that was the right thing to do but it made no difference, as the seller must have read the post and he was of course the intended recipient of the message.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    1. post count: some users see the post count as a sign or seniority, reliability, trustworthiness and make a swag of dumb posts to boost it.
    2. we have a thing called multiquote, takes a couple of goes to get it right, have a play around with the "+ Quote" links and the "insert quotes" button.
    3. posts in a sales thread should be constructive questions or feedback. Sellers use their friends to post to bump their sales threads up to the top or to artificially make buyers feel like they have competition. Mods don't have time to work out what the motive might be.
    4. The cookie-cutter sites are a problem and I'm sorry you got caught by one. Hopefully, you'll be able to make yours work.

sarahk, Apr 12, 2021 IP
    mytechiestuff likes this.
  5. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    Ah.
    "Sellers use their friends to post to bump their sales threads up to the top"
    Did not think of that!

6. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    Just one more.
    Why would there be a need to "hijack " a thread?
    Guess that means that you would join a conversation and then start talking about a totally different subject, with no relation to the original subject.
    I am sure that I am missing some thing here, but would it not be better to initiate a new conversation/thread?
    What would the benefit be of inserting yourself into an existing thread and begin talking about some thing other than the subject of the thread, rather than starting a new one?
    Thanks

mytechiestuff, Apr 13, 2021 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The most common hijacks are
    1. trying to sell yourself in a discussion thread - and sometimes the thread starter even tries to do it to their own threads!
    2. bringing a personal conflict into a discussion thread

sarahk, Apr 13, 2021 IP
  8. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your time.

mytechiestuff, Apr 13, 2021 IP